Manager II, Application Development
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004948
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Manager for Application development is a critical member of the Driscoll’s Information Technology Leadership Team reporting to the Sr. Manager of Global Applications Architecture. This position will lead and support a team of direct reports in the design, development, implementation and support of global enterprise integration software. This person will also ensure operations and deliverables of System integrations delivery and management are delivered in alignment to the global business strategy.
- Manage the handling and assigning of daily tasks across all integration team resources both internal employees and external vendor resources.
- Analyze and create project scope and milestones for all application integration projects for the company.
- Drive the comprehensive design, build-out of global application Integration services delivery across Driscoll’s business functions.
- Hold regular meetings with all departments to ensure open communication and expectations throughout a project coordinating efforts across multiple business and IS teams from design and conceptualization through to early piloting and wide-scale deployment, you will oversee the technical execution and business operation
- Oversee projects assigned to the application development team and provides technology decisions that impact software development
- Address customer concerns in reference to products, services rendered or employee interactions
- Guarantee the technical aspects of system and data integrations by providing necessary documentation and guidance
- Improve Internal tools by gathering and providing feedback to internal cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, and, our Sales teams
- Actively seek to resolve any concerns while adhering to the company policy and standards of behavior
- Ensure proper communication concerning changes in established milestones or challenges that may affect the outcome of a project's completion date.
- Define manage integration technologies and solutions roadmap and priorities in collaboration with the other IS teams
- Ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges
- Communicate and organize with team members to increase the team efficiencies and employee engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or equivalent; advanced degree desirable
- 3+ years of experience on the job and 10+ years of experience in the functional area
- Strong knowledge of various integration frameworks required. Proficiency with Mulesoft, Messaging technologies. Experienced in process or process, and batch integrations including synchronous and asynchronous integrations.
- Prior experience in design and execution of integration projects involving industry leading integration technologies like Oracle, MYSQL, MSSQL, AWS RDS etc..
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills assess systems performance and ensure continuous improvement.
- Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand requirements and develop to assist in finding patterns and anomalies in customer behavior.
- Superior at building collaboration and teamwork across the local and global organizations
- Large, global company experience ideally with a multi-channel, diversified consumer company would assist the successful candidate in gaining credibility with the business.
- Expertise and previous experience in leveraging outside partners is also required as the successful candidate will work closely with outsourced partners supporting the company's development, maintenance, and infrastructure efforts.
- Recognized expertise in one or more business areas and applications; financial metric driven company is preferred
- Strong cross functional business process background
- Proficient in all phases of project delivery lifecycles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well versed with Software and data security best practices
- Strong technical project management and/or leadership skills including the ability to plan, organize, and control activities
- Experience working in an offshore/onshore collaborative environment
- Experience training and mentoring others
- Travel will be required (up to 30% domestic and international)
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program required.
A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions required.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.