Sr Manager, DOTA Finance Program Lead
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004855
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAs the Senior Manager, DOTA Finance Program Lead, this role will coordinate and prioritize the redesign of critical business processes, ensure process alignment with other DOTA functions as well as the Global Finance organization and deploy technology solutions across DOTA Finance. This role requires the ability to understand critical finance functions and processes, align with business partners on those functions and processes, with the ability to see the big picture and drive process transformation. The EBA program is a multi-year, company-wide initiative to modernize the critical business processes and platforms upon which the company operates. The position reports to the DOTA Controller and is accountable to the DOTA EBA Business Program Lead for DOTA Finance’s contributions to the EBA program.
This leadership position will be responsible for the following activities pertaining to the EBA program as it relates to DOTA Finance:
- Plan, coordinate and manage all the business (non-IS) aspects of the DOTA Finance EBA initiative.
- Manage process redesign, documentation and prioritization in collaboration with Functional finance and business teams, IS, Global Finance and cross-BU peers.
- Represent the finance track to the DOTA Leadership and DOTA EBA program team.
- Support and execute the activities of the System Implementation Vendor (this will be a multi-year, multi-million-dollar contract with a firm such as IBM, Deloitte or Accenture) in collaboration with DOTA program leadership.
- Closely coordinate program priorities and progress, including problem solving and risk management with the following stakeholders: IS, DOTA Program Lead, DOTA Functional leads, Change Management, DOTA Finance teams and Global Finance.
- Determine and influence critical workstreams to achieve DOTA Finance program objectives and corresponding milestones (i.e., Master Data, data and reporting, etc.)
- Domestic and international travel required up to 25%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people manager, the Senior Manager DOTA Finance Program Lead will accomplish work individually and through influencing others while delivering on functional accountabilities.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or related field, MBA or CPA preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a large complex business environment that is undergoing rapid transformation.
- Proven track record of managing large and complex initiatives that sit at the intersection of business process and technology.
- Ability and experience to effectively engage cross-functional leaders and understand the interdependencies between critical processes (e.g., nursery operations and sales and operations planning).
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems currently utilized and/or planned for future implementation; possesses knowledge of accounting and finance theories across diverse disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Driscoll’s is a Mission, Vision and Values driven company with clearly defined leadership competencies (below). Each of these will be critical to success in this complex leadership role.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.