Product Packaging Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Marketing
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004843
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Product Packaging Manager will be responsible to identify and drive business requirements for packaging development for new product concepts and the life-cycle improvements for packaging across our product portfolio. In this role, the Product Packaging Manager will work in partnership with Procurement to develop packaging concepts including project management to market. As a consumer driven leader, the Product Packaging Manager must have cross-functional understanding of the brand, product marketing, procurement, and profitable commercial strategies. The candidate must be passionate, curious, and driven to translate consumer needs into effective packaging concepts and designs. Success in this role will be measured by the incremental value and profit created within the Enterprise, as well as the positive impact on both brand value and customer relationship management. This highly influential role will report to the Sr. Manager, Product Marketing.
- Partner with Product Marketing Managers to ensure product positioning is effectively executed in the packaging strategy, design, and specs. Competitive intelligence, market trends, and consumer insights will be key inputs.
- Partners with Product Leadership Directors and Product Business Managers on packaging strategies for the core business, including obtaining understanding and driving business requirements, design, and specs.
- Partner with Brand Team and is responsible to align visual identity and brand architecture with packaging concepts for a consistent and cohesive marketplace statement.
- Partner with Procurement and is responsible to identify a sustainable packaging strategy to lessen our impact on people and planet through new ways of reducing plastic and/or identifying new sustainable materials.
- Prioritize and project manage all packaging projects to ensure we are working on the right things for the right stakeholders for timely in-market delivery. This will include the responsibility to evaluate, optimize and improve the packaging to enhance the consumer and customer experiences.
- Collaborates with Procurement, Post-harvest, and other key internal partners to prototype, test, and commercialize new packaging ideas. Must understand the functional requirements of packaging while balancing innovation and design to create a breakthrough packaging experience to meet the product positioning.
- Manages the stage-gate processes relevant to new packaging design and development in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Develops, maintains, and publishes project and initiative status reports with clear milestones, deliverables and expected outcomes.
- 5+ years of new product development, packaging development packaging project management with a consumer-recognized brand.
- Bachelor’s degree required; within the area of Business Administration, Packaging Design, Packaging Science, or Mechanical Engineering
- Must have relevant experience in partnering with procurement, supply chain and product marketing to translate consumer needs into real packaging outcomes that benefit the consumer and customer.
- Hybrid role with in-office location in Watsonville, CA.
- Strong project management skills, results-driven and organized. Process development experience is a plus.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to build and execute a long-term vision in product innovation
- Collaborative with the ability to align and balance multiple stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills. Manages projects. aligning and inspiring people. Leads by example.
- Entrepreneur and enthusiastic. Being creative, innovative and thinking beyond current limits to disrupt the industry
- Able to envision future opportunities and mitigate threats. Must use sound judgment with the ability to recognize and act upon good ideas and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 20%, domestically and internationally.
- Advanced level of computer skills including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.