Greenhouse Operations Data and Process Coordinator
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Production Planning
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004835
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis is a key role developing and implementing efficient data collection and analysis systems in Driscoll’s Research Greenhouse Operations Group at the center of Driscoll’s world class breeding program. This team member is responsible for data management, including information required for communicating with other teams, performance analysis, producing labels, plant layouts, inventories and shipping.
- Develop efficient data collection and manipulation systems for R&D Greenhouse Operations and communicating with other teams.
- Work with greenhouse staff to manager and improve operations processes for increased efficiency.
- Create and print labels and project layouts for greenhouse projects with part-time supervision of one employee.
- Facilitate County, CDFA, and APHIS inspections and correspondence for obtaining Phytosanitary certificates for exports and for releasing imported plants under our Controlled Import Permits. Includes plant sample preparation and paperwork and coordination with testing labs and compiling and communicating results.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments through our shipping department, FedEx and UPS.
- Purchase materials and manage inventories for greenhouse projects and office.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Maintain confidentiality around Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information and genetics.
- Three years' experience in data collection and processing, process management and programs such as Excel, i-forms, Tableau and Access.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience.
- Strong analytical skills and personal initiative.
- Agile collaborator who likes working and communicating across teams.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred.
- Able to lift 30 pounds; must maintain a valid CA driver license.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.