Assistant Chief Pilot
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Real Estate & Facilities
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004779
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Assistant Chief Pilot for the Falcon 2000 Aircraft will assist in solving complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions and develop new concepts, methods, and techniques. This position will work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. The Assistant Chief Pilot will communicate regularly with the Senior Manager – Aviation, to ensure that all operational issues related to the Falcon 2000 aircraft are addressed in a timely manner. Further, the Assistant Chief Pilot will communicate regularly with the Manager of Aircraft Maintenance to keep abreast of technical issues related to this aircraft as well as review upcoming scheduled maintenance.
- The Assistant Chief Pilot for the Falcon 2000 aircraft will, in combination with our Manager of Aircraft Maintenance and Senior Manager -- Aviation, be part of an expert team with highly specialized knowledge related to this aircraft. This position will interpret internal and external issues of concern and recommend best practices; will lead functional teams on projects to ensure that Driscoll’s aircraft are maintained to the highest standard. Goals will include developing best practices for extending the service life of aircraft components, reviewing all support services such as digital flight planning resources, inflight data connectivity, subscriptions and related items to ensure that pilots correctly understand the safest and most optimized system for aircraft operation.
- Will lead functional teams or projects.
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with the Senior Manager -- Aviation to accomplish planned growth.
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 10%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
FAA-issued Airline Transport pilot license which has never been suspended or revoked, plus meet minimum experience flying turbine powered aircraft. A four-year university degree is preferred, as is FAA type rating in the Falcon 2000EX (EASy) aircraft. The ideal candidate will also possess an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license with verifiable experience in the repair and maintenance of general aviation aircraft. Must possess a valid driver’s license with no serious violation history.
Minimum Experience Required:
3,000 hours of total logged flight experience
1,500 hours Pilot In Command
1,000 hours in Jet or Turboprop
250 hours actual instrument time
300 hours night time
200 hours in type – preferred
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- The perfect fit for Driscoll’s is a highly motivated team player who values creating and maintaining a positive work environment. The ideal candidate will reflect Driscoll’s core values of Trustworthiness, Humility and Passion. Ability to work well under time pressures, adapt to working outside the M-F daytime work hours when necessary, and communicate effectively with others are just some of the attributes we’re looking for.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
To support and promote Driscoll’s core values:
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes. Creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and a relentless push to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-win solutions.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues in a timely way, with optimism and transparency..
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.