Sales & Marketing Finance Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004754
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Finance Manager reports directly to the Sr. Director of U.S./Canada Finance and has a dotted line reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and is a key partner to the Sales & Marketing Group. This individual will provide insight into financial and operating drivers for the Sales and Marketing Group, play a critical role in advancing our understanding of the Commercial business and be a key contributor to Driscoll’s. This position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to handle multiple competing priorities, identify & analyze complex issues, focus on relevant information. In addition, she/he will understand and utilize metrics relevant to the role and work cross functionally across the organization.
- Responsible for the Annual Operating Planning (budget) process and completion for the Sales & Marketing functional organization.
- Financial partner & collaborator for the Sales & Marketing Group, acting as their point person for all things financially related.
- Key contributor to the Finance team for Sales & Marketing activities including projects, metrics, explanations, etc. Support the preparation of the monthly financial deck and help to communicate financial results. Provide monthly commercial operations variance analysis.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, & communicating key financial metrics & drivers that support the Sales & Marketing (Commercial) business.
- Create ad hoc templates, reports, and analysis for use by managers to evaluate & highlight business results, issues, risks, and opportunities. Build, maintain, and improve reporting templates for use by managers.
- Work with various functional groups to control costs through continuous process improvement.
- Ability to sort/mine large sets of data from multiple data sources to identify trends/variances
- Responsible for the follow-up, reporting, and control of capital requisitions and projects.
- Domestic travel required up to 15%.
Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
- Degree in Business, Finance, and/or Accounting is highly preferred.
- Good operations, financial, and interpersonal skills.
- Good technical experiences with the ability to bring together resources and manage projects to completion.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in financial analysis, and planning
- Experience in budgeting, planning, forecasting, & variance explanation
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and standards
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Office application (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Hyperion reporting and Tableau is a plus
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Sales & Marketing finance preferred
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.