Sustainability Data Scientist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Social & Environmental Impact
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004713
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAs the Sustainability Data Scientist, you will combine your passion for agriculture, climate change and the environment with your analytical capabilities to lead the data analysis and insight generation across Driscoll’s climate change and sustainable farming efforts. You will support the development of Driscoll’s annual global greenhouse gas (GHG) footprint through leading the data collection, analysis and reporting of Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions as well as conducting life cycle analyses (LCAs) of key berry production systems. You will help to analyze how climate change will impact our berry growing regions and provide actionable insights for the business and our growers. The role will also interface directly with our network of research farms and Growers to track, analyze and report on environmental metrics. You will help translate these data insights into actionable plans to improve Driscoll’s environmental impact globally. Location: Watsonville, CA. Remote considered for ideal candidates
The Sustainability Data Scientist will:
- Lead the annual data collection, analysis and reporting of Driscoll’s global GHG footprint in accordance with GHG Protocol standards
- Lead life cycle assessment (LCA) analyses of priority fresh berry products
- Support the analysis of climate change’s impact on key growing regions, including the analysis of historical weather trends
- Manage, analyze and communicate key environmental metrics from Driscoll’s own-operations and Growers’ farms
- Support the Global Research and Development sustainability team in the development and implementation of Driscoll’s global climate change and sustainable farming strategies
- Collaborate with research teams to develop proactive solutions to environmental challenges
- Performs duties as instructed by supervisor
- BS in Environmental Science, Data Science, Agronomy, Agricultural Business or related field and 5+ years of experience OR MS degree and 3+ year of experience in agriculture, environment, sustainability consulting or related field
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to analyze, track, and report quantitative data, including proficiency in data wrangling, exploration and effective visualization (R, Python or similar)
- Experience with greenhouse gas footprinting, the GHG Protocol and life cycle analysis
- A passion for the environment, climate change and agriculture
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize multiple projects, thrive in a fast-paced environment and be a self-starter
- Business and/or finance experience a plus
- Ability to work in field conditions. Some travel required
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.