Gerente de Planeacion y Estimados Jr.
- Location: Mexico-Lagunillas
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004708
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityMexico National Forecaster Manager is responsible for supporting the accuracy of the DOTA Strawberry forecast. This role will serve as the lead for Driscoll’s Mexico Strawberry forecast in partnership with the DOTA Forecast Manager. It is imperative this role drives results, process improvement, and provides forecast leadership throughout Mexico. This role will contribute to the development of the annual Budget in collaboration with the supply manager. Domestic and international travel is required.
- Forecasting – Forecast manager will lead and consolidate the current year forecast, ranging from daily estimates to end of year projections, as part of the DOTA supply forecast process. Provides business oversight to regional efforts. Supports accuracy improvement. Collaborates with the supply manager long-range adjustments to the budget volumes.
- Supply Planning: Collaborates with supply manager to develop the annual Mexico supply plan. Works with appropriate Market Group, Production and Operations staff to garner the appropriate parameters and inputs for the plan. Key contributor of input for next generation planning models/tools for the berry.
- Plan Execution/Extension: Supports Regional District Managers to identify the model and support to solve obstacles to the execution of the production plan for each region.
- Modeling: Collaborates and filters variety and cultural practice supply solutions. Considers the grower econ implications of solutions. Works with regional Districts Managers on implementation. Collaborates with technical staff to improve and upgrade current modeling tools.
- Other: Lends expertise to real-time operational crisis discussions and decisions as needed.
- Exceptional relationship management skills required, including the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple stakeholders throughout the company toward a common purpose is a must.
- Strong communication and listening skills required.
- Excellent critical thinker
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% (domestic and international) required.
- Must maintain valid Mexico driver’s license and eligibility for Company vehicle insurance policy.
- Valid Mexico passport or eligibility to obtain one a must.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language skills required.
- Degree in Agriculture or other relevant degree preferred.
- 5+ years of continuous dedicated year-round full-cycle production related work experience or 3+ years of experience with degree very desirable.
- Intermediate planning and modeling experience required.
- Understanding of plant physiology and the ability to use that knowledge to collaborate with researchers and production personnel towards creation of production solutions in support of the plan desirable.
- Understanding of farm economics and the drivers of farm economics is a desirable.
- High willingness to actively participate in field visits with regional production team and growers.
- Self-starter preferred
- Continuous improvement mindset preferred
- Innovative/creative thinker preferred
- Ability to indirectly lead a team of forecasters and production to ensure supply forecast, field visits, and plan is being executed and/or calibrated.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.