Director - Applications Operations
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004706
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis position is responsible for the Information Services Global Application functions for supervising the resources and activities of IS Department, managing the IS Operation Team, administering the day-to-day IS operations, maintenance of the Application components, and resilience to support the business operations.
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of operational standards and procedures.
- Plan, direct, and manage the daily operations of the IS Application operations department.
- Balance operational needs of all production environments with the opportunities for long-term strategic needs of the organization.
- Identify in-efficiencies across IS systems and work across the department to implement improvements to ensure efficient performance. Prepare information regarding the operational costs and productivity levels of the systems supported.
- Be a resource for all IS teams for the appropriate implementation of new systems and technology, as well as, system upgrades.
- Enable staff to achieve all targets on a monthly and annual basis
- Establish clear metrics for operational excellence and a related metrics
- Communicate the status of key initiatives and operational metrics to senior management.
- Ensure compliance with all security policies and procedures for the company
- Champion changes to support the efficiency of staff.
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Recruit, onboard, and coach staff to ensure robust learning and career development consistent with the Company’s values and rapidly globalizing profile.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people manager, you will accomplish work individually and through others while delivering on functional accountabilities connected to the employee lifecycle, including:
- Workforce Planning: Aligning the people plan to the business plan
- Hiring: Find, evaluate, and hire new team members
- Onboarding: Integrating new employees into the organization
- Managing: Organize and coordinate activities of a team in order to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Development: Partnering with your employees to create a plan to grow in their existing or potential future roles
- Employee Safety: Ensure both physical and psychological safety in the workplace
- Off-boarding: Ending an employment relationship
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 10+ years of relevant experience in leading IT ERP, and Function for a large, complex, global organization.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills required, inclusive of experience working with internal stakeholders (particularly line-of-business management) as well as external parties, such as regulators, customers, business partners, and third-party service providers.
- Successful track record of completing large projects on time and within budget
- Experience required in creating and defining new operational models and procedures and explaining complex problems or situations
- Experience in managing and collaborating with third-party vendors in a global, managed services environment
- Strong communication, people leadership, and fearless ways to bring teams together for common effective delivery.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Demonstrated experience with various technology platforms including ERP Applications, Windows, Cloud (AWS) and SAAS solutions.
- Knowledge of helpdesk environments and service levels; ITIL experience a plus
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under a company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.