Nursery Planning Analyst
- Location: US - Redding Nursery
- Job Family: Nursery
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004690
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s produces the finest berries in the world, and the Driscoll’s Nursery is responsible for producing the plants that will grow those berries. The Nursery Planning Analyst supports the US/Canada Nursery Planning Managers in updating nursery plans, supporting orders for all four berry crops and developing key outputs for stakeholders. This includes tracking and reporting on Nursery performance against established objectives and timelines, summarizing order changes for Finance and maintaining systems of record for key planning activities and outputs. Position will support planting and harvest activities for various propagation stages to ensure long-term and short-term plans support fruit supply plan targets. The Nursery Planning Analyst will also support collection of data from a wide variety of sources and suppliers, analysis of the operational significance of new information, and communicating outputs in a manner that meets the varied needs of internal and external Nursery customers.
- Develop, update, and maintain Nursery planning & budgeting models using spreadsheets, database systems and other planning tools
- Develop/modify data management processes and tools used to collect and maintain relevant data for nursery planning
- Develop/modify reports delivered to both internal and external customers of Nursery Planning to meet the informational needs of our customers in a changing and dynamic environment
- Maintain and distribute a variety of reports pertaining to nursery planning assumptions and the status of key nursery activities/timelines. Maintain relevant historical data
- Provide analytical support in preparing planning metrics, change order documentation and capacity analysis
- Model production planning and operation scenarios to support what-if analysis as required by management to best ensure nursery plans meet company strategic objectives
- Assist with the documentation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for nursery planning
- Update/maintain "Short-Term" and "Long-Term" nursery plans and perform scenario analytics as needed
- Collect and maintain data from internal and external customers that will be used to generate metric reporting and identifying performance gaps
- Coordinate effective communication with key internal and external customers of the planning process, maintaining alignment with Driscoll’s values
- Generate ad hoc summaries of planning data to support internal customers within the Planning & Order Fulfillment Team
- Assist with tracking harvest activity and coordinating details including harvest schedule, yield data, nursery order updates, estimate changes, clean stock recommendations
- Perform other duties as needed to support nursery operations
- Responsible for managing assigned activities in collaboration with manager, planning and operations teams, to accomplish planned growth
- Domestic and international travel required up to 10-15%.
- Some remote work may be possible
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this role. It is not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- BA in Business, Accounting, or related field or combination of equivalent education and work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to organize and share information with a customer focused mindset
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects or tasks at the same time
- Reliability, attention to detail, and accuracy are a must
- Should be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Access, Tableau, ERP functionality, and PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to learn new software and technologies quickly
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Background in Order Management, Production Planning, or related work functions preferred
- Continuous improvement experience and training preferred
- Bilingual communication skills (English/Spanish) would be helpful, but not required
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.