Global Technology Transfer Agronomist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Applied Research
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004686
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Global Technology Transfer Agronomist will be a part of the Global Agronomy Technology Transfer Group and will report directly to the Global Agronomy Technology Transfer Lead. This position will support key business strategic initiatives through supporting the implementation and adoption of optimal agronomic practices by Driscoll’s growers. In this position, you’ll use agronomic knowledge and experience to help employees and growers to solve agronomic challenges and drive success.
- Ensure that technical agronomy recommendations are effectively transferred and available to stakeholders (internal and external) through on-farm support, development of training materials, etc.
- Support research and farming test plots by providing agronomic support including data collection, analysis, and formulation of recommendations.
- Collaborates with Regional Applied Research and Agronomy teams to implement trials and support growers on best management practices.
- Assist in internal and external training planning and delivery.
- Assist in organization of educational summits and conferences.
- Review best management practice documents and production guides to ensure information is up to date with clear communication for appropriate audiences.
- Learn and apply scientific concepts to production challenges.
- Actively seek information and knowledge to improve plant growth and fruit knowledge.
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large.
- Performs other duties as instructed.
- B.S. in Horticulture, Agriculture, Plant Sciences, or related field required.
- 2-4 years of experience in horticultural production or agronomy support for horticultural crops, preferably in berry crops.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Passionate about plants, humble in nature to learn from others, and trustworthy to help us drive successful results.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 15%.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Curious and willing to learn with a scientific mindset.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and work well with teams.
- Intermediate skill level with MS Office and its applications.
- Preferred fluency in Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, French or Arabic.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.