Sr. IT Project Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004683
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityWe are seeking an experienced and dynamic Sr. IT Project Manager to oversee the delivery of strategic and highly complex technology projects across Enterprise. This role will be part of Driscoll’s IS Project Management Office (PMO). The Senior Project Manager will bring expertise, project management knowledge, and strong leadership skills to drive the successful execution of projects on time and within budget adhering to our defined project processes and industry best practices. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects ranging from straightforward to challenging, to lead cross functional teams across our organization and make a significant impact on our business.
- Effectively direct, manage and control multiple medium to extra-large technical projects aligning project plans and activities with relevant workgroups to ensure successful project completion on time and within budget constraints.
- Provide consistent, accurate and comprehensive project updates in a compelling manner. Customize these updates to specific audiences from project team members to project leaders to Executive Steering Committees.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate project progress, risks, and resource requirements; adjusting and mitigating issues as needed to ensure successful project outcomes. Escalate risks and issues as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with business partners, external vendors and internal IS teams. Collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders in a transparent manner, seeking consensus where possible and negotiating through adversity when needed.
- Manage project budgets and financials, ensuring adherence to financial constraints and resource allocation, while closely monitoring key financial performance indicators to make informed decisions and achieve project success.
- Execute projects within a hybrid environment that utilizes both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, ensuring streamlined and efficient workflows.
- Learn and utilize project management tools and processes. Become an advocate for adherence to the tools and processes.
- May support Program Managers with the management of programs.
- Work independently, seeking guidance in only the most complex of situations.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation by offering original ideas, considering alternatives and approaches, and driving continuous process improvement within the PMO practice.
- Interpret internal and external business challenges and provide recommendations to improve products, processes, or services, utilizing your expertise and best judgement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3 years of proven track record of successfully delivering multiple medium and large sized technical projects on time and within budget in the project manager role.
- Minimum of 8 years progressive experience in technical project management, preferably in a PMO (Project Management Office) environment.
- Effective leadership skills, with experience leading cross-functional teams in the project manager role and managing simultaneous projects of medium to large size and complexity.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical thinking abilities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts and influence others.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Strong financial analysis skills to interpret and communicate project calculations like Total Cost of Ownership, Estimate to Complete, Estimate at Complete, Run Rate, and others.
- Foreign Language: Spanish language skills highly regarded.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Experience with ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM), Jira and Smartsheet highly regarded.
- Experience with vendor management and vendor selection (Requests for Proposals) highly regarded.
- Experience with large meeting agenda planning and excellent facilitation skills highly regarded.
- Experience with organizational change management concepts and process documentation highly regarded.
- Working knowledge of modern ERP systems (Oracle is preferred). Strong functional and technical knowledge of SaaS based solutions.
- Experience with technology projects within Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Consumer Goods and/or Fresh Produce industry favorably regarded.
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary Range estimated for the Sr. IT Project Manager: $97,000 to $150,000 USD.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
About the Company: Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.