IT Program Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004683
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Information Services Program Manager assumes responsibility for leading and managing the most strategic and complex IS-related projects and programs across the Enterprise including the upcoming Global ERP Replacement. This role will be part of Driscoll’s IS Project Management team that supports the global enterprise in the planning & execution of the project portfolio. The IS Program Manager is a strategic partner for the Business in developing the governance and roadmaps that will deliver long-term business objectives through key transformational IS programs and projects and Enterprise Business Applications. You will develop and execute project plans for multiple, simultaneous mid to large scale projects as well as programs during all phases of the project lifecycle and partner with all IS teams, Driscoll’s business units and vendors/partners to provide excellent service and deliver quality projects on-time and within budget. Your team consists of IS Project Managers (Employees and/or Contract) reporting directly to you and will be responsible for ensuring their adherence to the standard project practices as mandated by Information Services project governance.
- Deliver the most strategic and complex Global IS projects and programs that adhere to defined IS project processes and industry standard best practices
- Mentor and manage program teams of multiple project managers and business analysts
- Communicate consistently to the project team and stakeholders how the delivery of the projects and programs support the business strategy and objectives
- Manage activities in collaboration with IS and Business Leadership to accomplish planned transformational implementations of Enterprise Business Applications
- Develop and manage project management plans, schedules and budgets and provide consistent and comprehensive project updates, ongoing cost analysis, risk and issue management and resolution
- Effectively direct, manage and control all project activities and deliverables, through all phases of the project lifecycle ensuring a successful delivery that is on time and within budget on all assigned projects
- Escalate functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately to ensure successful achievement of project goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with external vendors, business partners and internal IS teams
- Share lessons learned and best practices across the IS organization
- Manage, monitor and track project-related costs, including budget variances
- Keep project owners and sponsors well informed of progress and challenges; Analyze/present updates regarding project performance, risks, issues, mitigation plans and change requests
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with executives, senior management and project team members throughout the life cycle of the project
- Prepare and/or present documentation to Leadership Teams and business stakeholders
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform
- Domestic and international travel required up to 20%
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
- Minimum of 8 years progressive experience in a project/program management role, preferably in a PMO environment, with a proven track record of delivering the most complex, larger scale, global technology projects and programs on time and within budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or comparable field of study
- Experience implementing multi-regional ERP systems with an emphasis on Finance and Business Intelligence Business functions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives and work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment
- Ability to influence through a global, multi-site matrix organization is essential
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- PMP Certification
- English/Spanish bilingual communication highly valued
- Experience managing remote and geographically distributed project teams including direct management of project managers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to deal with ambiguity and lead through change
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, vendors, and other departments
- Extensive experience planning and managing projects within various SDLC methodologies i.e. Agile and Waterfall
- Extensive experience managing project budgets and managing and controlling project-related costs including budget variances; knowledge of Earned Value Management a plus
- Experience in organizational change management and continuous process improvement
- Vendor Relationship Management experience, including the creation and execution of Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) agreements
- Experience with the following project tools especially valued: ServiceNow ITBM, JIRA, Microsoft Teams
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.