Senior Manager of Packaging Network Solutions
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004678
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Senior Manager of Packaging Network Solutions leads the design and management of the network of packaging suppliers, integrators, and hubs for Driscoll’s of the Americas (DOTA). The scope includes assessment of capacity throughout the network, process development, costing, and efficiency of the operations at each node in the network and developing plans and strategies to mitigate any risk to continuity of supply. This individual is responsible for the scalability of the network to meet business growth, developing automation solutions where possible, and ensuring accurate data capture to facilitate assessing space requirements. There will be a great level of cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders such as product leadership, sales leadership, finance, distribution and logistics, and food safety groups, plus clear and concise communication with the external entities and suppliers. The individual in this role is accountable for ensuring contractual agreements are in place and each party is delivering to the terms of the agreement. The director must lead the creation of business case for any capital requirement to support future growth. Strategic mindset, technical competence, and possessing financial savvy are critical for success in this role.
The key responsibilities of these role as follows:
- Developing strategies and plans that optimizes the geographic support of Driscoll’s packaging needs
- Building strategic relationship with key suppliers while holding them accountable for meeting key metrics
- Optimizing the network of suppliers based on the geographic needs for supply
- Collaborating with a matrixed cross functional team
- Driving savings through competitive bidding and benchmarking
- Packaging network optimization by using simulation tools to minimize transportation requirements, thereby reducing impact to the environment and reducing cost
- Conducting supplier quarterly business reviews with the purpose of developing suppliers and building strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Contract negotiations, service level agreements, and performance management
- Supporting implementation of EBA (Enterprise Business Application) integration and/or productivity tools (ERP/MRP, cloud)
- Representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community
- Recruiting talent, onboarding, and coaching staff to ensure robust learning and career development environment consistent with the Company’s values
- Departmental and packaging budgeting, monitoring and control of cost
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Management, Operations Research, or related fields
- Prior experience in procurement and/or packaging – minimum of 10 years
- People management experience
- Up to 25% travel domestically and internationally
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcome, and creates plans to achieve them
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.