Quality Auditor, Driscoll's of the Americas
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Quality Assurance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004601
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityUnder the direct supervision of the Driscoll’s of the Americas (DOTA) Quality System Manager, this role is responsible for creating, maintaining, and auditing established quality protocols and processes across DOTA to preserve the integrity of Driscoll’s Quality programs. These quality inspection auditing responsibilities support critical regional Quality efforts to implement and maintain consistency in fruit grading and application of company Quality protocols. The DOTA Quality Auditor provides leadership and support of all initiatives focused on improving quality practices. This position requires the ability to partner with regional management, and QA Managers and Supervisors in quality-related issues including protocol training, Quality Audit meetings, regional Quality data review, Quality Inspector meetings, grower meetings, root cause analysis and preventive/corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain all Quality SOPs, policies, standards, work instructions and forms
- Responsible for preserving Driscoll’s current Quality programs. Provide support to regional Quality efforts and work in collaboration to create and maintain consistency in the application of grading standards and procedures across DOTA
- Empower team members to engage with quality changes or upgrades to SOPs. Actively work to ensure that Driscoll’s Quality programs are accurately communicated and implemented to all geographies
- Ensure all company DOTA Quality policies and SOPs are being followed
- Perform verification of DOTA Quality SOPs by conducting scheduled internal quality audits at regional coolers
- Maintain and update the Quality internal audit program for all growing regions.
- Ensure the integrity of the internal audit process through compliance with protocols, objectivity, and consistency
- Prepare internal audit reports, distribute, and communicate internal audit findings as well as opportunities for improvement. Analyze and identify trends that require re-training, modifications to workstation design, evaluation of equipment, procedural changes, etc. for compliance to DOTA Quality SOPs
- Ensure that internal audit non-compliances have relevant investigation for root cause analysis and preventive/correction actions as well as appropriate follow-up plans with verification that timelines are met
- Provide feedback on the internal audit process to drive changes and optimize its value
- Partner with regional Quality management in some quality-related issues including grower meetings and corrective action procedures
- Assist in developing best practice processes and procedures that contribute to system efficiencies
- Effectively train and communicate DOTA Quality policies to all company employees and growers
- Maintain necessary compliance paperwork related to DOTA Quality programs
- Support Driscoll’s focus on customer relationships through participation in customer visits, education, and alignment
- Attend meetings, industry events and continuing education classes
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large.
- Ensure protection of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Other duties as assigned*
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 5 years of experience in a Quality-related role
- Previous experience and knowledge of the agriculture business, preferred
- Certified Quality Auditor preferred
- Solid knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 19011 preferred
- Strong organizational, observational, follow-through and analytical skills as well as detail oriented
- Understands audit standards, principles, processes, and stages
- Understanding of quality specifications and standards. Ability to identify non-conformances and data anomalies
- Able to work independently, and in a team environment with multiple groups and departments
- Ability to plan, create and implement a schedule
- Ability to multi-task, quick learner, and forward thinker
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate competence engaging, interacting with, and leading others
- Experience in data analysis, quality system management, and warehouse management software preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency strongly preferred
- Ability to occasionally work in cold conditions, such as a berry cooler (32° - 34°F).
- Extensive travel required (up to 50% domestic, some international)
- Valid state driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- Valid personal passport (or eligibility for a passport) and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions required
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.