Global R&D Program Management Office (PMO) Manager (Remote)
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Project Management & Analysis
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004574
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the Opportunity**This is a remote role - West Coast** Do you want to influence significant value creation at Driscoll’s? Come join Global R&D as the Program Management Office (PMO) Manager where you’ll enable and support high impact scientific, technology and innovation projects. Success in the role requires passion about project management, planning, organization and cross-functional collaboration both within Global R&D and across Driscoll’s enterprise. You will be integral to supporting programs and projects targeted at transforming and building Future Ready R&D functions. You’ll drive results while collaborating and building consensus among key R&D leaders and decision-makers. As the Program Management Office leader, you’ll use a combination of leadership, strategy, analytical and planning skills. You thrive by partnering with subject matter experts in science and technology to deliver plans and support teams in achieving critical milestones. You’ll be a model, mentor and inspiration to a team of two direct reports as well as building positive partnership across the departments and business units.
- Lead the Program Management Office responsible for supporting the planning, development, scheduling and execution of Global R&D’s high profile initiatives, programs and projects.
- Facilitate the definition of program/project scope and objectives coordinating with key subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Effectively align short-term program objectives with long-term successful execution of R&D’s transformational programs for Genetic Deployment, Research Farming, Genomic Sciences and Digital Transformation.
- Partner cross-functionally with both internal and external technical and business stakeholders.
- Be a strategic partner to key stakeholders including science and technology subject matter experts.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and communicate project requirements, priorities, interdependencies within or across departments.
- Actively identify and resolve strategic issues that may be obstacles to the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial or technical goals.
- Identify and lead projects for transformation, process improvement or significant change management within programs and projects.
- Develop and implement best practices and industry standard tools – technology and process solutions - in program and project management.
- Work independently, with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Clearly communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others to reach agreements.
- Contribute to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 15%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration and/or related technical field.
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements.
- 5+ years' of program/project management.
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery and communicating results to senior leadership.
- Experience in agriculture, life sciences or research and development business units a plus.
- Strong collaboration/ interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Tools, Tableau, contemporary technology tools.
- Demonstrated ability to map transaction flow processes to implement process improvements, coupled with experience in continuous improvement essential.
- Proven track record of strong project management skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills a plus.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.