Aircraft Maintenance Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Real Estate & Facilities
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004534
- Experience Years:
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Aircraft Maintenance Manager at Driscoll’s will oversee all aspects of record keeping, maintenance planning, AOG response, and routine maintenance of the fleet (currently a King Air 350 and a Falcon 2000LX). This role will lead and collaborate all aircraft activities with our third-party aircraft management and maintenance providers. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for providing guidance on current best practices to aviation management and pilots, in coordination with our aircraft management partner Solairus Aviation. We operate under FAR Part 91 for most flights, but our aircraft are also on Solairus’s Part 135 certificate.
- The Manager of Aircraft Maintenance will be the company’s resident expert in aviation technology and will work independently, with guidance only in the most complex situations. This manager will lead functional teams on projects to ensure that Driscoll’s aircraft are maintained to the highest standard. Goals will include minimizing unnecessary down-time, AOG occurrences, and unplanned repair activity.
- Will take lead on identifying solutions to complex technical issues with company aircraft, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions and develop new concepts, methods and techniques.
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with the Senior Manager -- Aviation to accomplish planned growth.
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 10%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
FAA-issued Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) plus Inspector Aircraft (IA) licenses which have never been suspended or revoked.
10+ years’ experience with heavy maintenance on turbine powered aircraft as well as general upkeep.
Must pass a rigorous background check.
Must possess a valid driver’s license with no serious violation history.
Pre-employment as well as random drug/alcohol testing will be conducted in accordance with Part 135.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
The perfect fit for Driscoll’s is a highly motivated team player who values creating and maintaining a positive work environment. The ideal candidate will reflect Driscoll’s core values of Trustworthiness, Humility and Passion. Ability to work well under time pressures, adapt to working outside the M-F daytime work hours when necessary, and communicate effectively with others are just some of the attributes we’re looking for. Criteria specific to this position includes:
California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
To support and promote Driscoll’s core values:
Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes. Creates plans to achieve them.
Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and a relentless push to achieve desired outcomes.
Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-win solutions.
Courage: Tackles difficult issues in a timely way, with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.