Master Planner of Predictive Breeding Operations
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Research & Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004504
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Master Planner of Predictive Breeding Operations will plan and schedule the forecasting, schedule and transfer of plant materials (parent stock, seedlings, field transplants, and tissue samples), phenotypic data (actual and predicted, from field plots, to pathology assays, laboratory data, and genomic prediction models), genotypic data (from single trait-linked markers to high-density and sequenced-based genotypes) among functional teams (breeding, greenhouse, farming, laboratory, plant health and data science) to enable predictive breeding across multiple breeding programs and crops in a global R&D organization.
- Works with functional teams (breeding, greenhouse, farming, laboratory, plant health and data science) to determine forecasts of plant materials and data streams (phenotypic and genotypic).
- Translates projected forecasts of plant materials and data streams from functional teams into a master plan with a time-bound schedule of critical events within, and transfers of plant materials and data among, functional teams.
- Works with functional teams to document the time-sensitive, environmentally dependent, critical events that are required to produce or procure plant materials and data streams.
- Communicates the master plan across all crops, ensuring clear ownership by functional teams for the timely execution of critical events and transfers.
- Works with functional team leads and the R&D leadership team to identify and prioritize bottlenecks and constraints for continual process improvement.
- Develops models and identifies technology solutions to help functional teams improve forecast accuracy.
- Assesses capacities of functional teams, plant materials and data streams, and synthesizes into a global capacity model.
- Establishes reporting and KPIs for forecast accuracy, critical events, and transfers.
- Participates in the R&D management team, reporting into the R&D leadership team.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 15%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- At least three years’ experience as a Master Planner, Master Schedule, or related role and a Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Strategic mindset, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize complex and diverse types of data.
- Demonstrated success in implementing and operationalizing master plans or schedules.
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to document and communicate complex workflows with critical time-sensitive events and hand-offs.
- Empathetic with strong interpersonal skills; able to understand an individual’s needs while helping them see the big picture.
- Agile and able to adapt rapidly when weather or biological variation disrupts the master plan.
- Highly independent, able to propose new solutions and challenge existing processes.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Familiarity with modern plant breeding concepts.
- Lean or Six Sigma certification.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.