Sr. Sales Support Specialist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004451
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Sr. Sales Support Specialist is to contribute to the success of Driscoll’s Mission through the skilled planning, implementation and management of critical, large-scale projects and initiatives in pursuit of delivering extraordinary internal and external customer service. The team will provide an operational structure that enables an efficient, accurate and reliable Sales process, which fosters improved customer alignment. The Sr. Sales Support Specialist is a member of the Sales Operations Team who supports end-to-end process improvements and operational efficiencies. This position requires a highly motivated individual who has an innovative can-do attitude coupled with detailed Sales process and system knowledge. The Sr. Sales Support Specialist will work in a fast-paced team environment, which requires a high performing individual who has the ability to collaborate, pay attention to detail, work in cross-functional teams, and is able to make independent decisions. The Sr. Sales Support Specialist role provides the opportunity to lead centralized pre and post sales activities. This role will work collaboratively with Sales, Credit & Collections, Supply Chain, Accounting, QA, Demand Management, IT and other internal departments to centralize the Sales Department processes to drive compliance and create process efficiencies.
- Leads the development of flexible, adaptive and innovative processes through effective collaboration and communication with all of Driscoll’s functional groups, vendors and customers
- Partners with Sales Support Manager to develop and implement new processes focused on the effective implementation and management of centralized claims processes and corresponding activities
- Responsible for on-going maintenance of Customer Master Data; end-to-end expert in Master Data systemic dependencies and reporting requirements
- Supports customer onboarding and change management activities of new technology roll-outs as led by the Business Solutions Team
- Develop and implement flexible, adaptive and innovative continuous improvement (CI) processes for effectiveness, efficiencies & accuracy. Champion of best practice opportunities
- Measures sales and operational efficiencies by developing key sales and operational performance metrics. Analyzes and reports on key metrics to achieve Driscoll’s strategic goals and objectives
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with cross-functional business partners, IT and third-party vendors to support external platform requirements (iTrade, Food Link, Retail Link, Navisphere, etc.)
- Partners with Master Data, Sales, Customers and other applicable departments to ensure all food safety processes and requirements are completed and adhered to
- Provides process compliance clarity by verifying all supporting sales documentation are accurate and current through periodic reviews
- Models the way for other team members in expertise of sales operations processes
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of successful produce and/or berry industry experience
- 3-5 years of Sales, Category Development, Operations or Supply Chain Planning experience preferred
- Experienced Subject Matter Expertise of berry sales operations, processes and systems
- Resourceful and creative with the ability to work independently, influence cross-functional team members, initiate new ideas, support implementation of new systems and train others in new processes
- Proven experience leading and supporting process improvement initiatives or managing projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and collaboration, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask with a sense of urgency in a quick cycle time and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be flexible with work schedule, able to work non-standard business hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Dynamics AX, Salesforce)
- Proficiency in Tableau preferred
- Strong customer service acumen
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions. Domestic and international travel required up to 10-15%
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.