Sales Operations Process Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004451
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Sales Operations Team is to contribute to the success of Driscoll’s Mission by providing an operational structure that enables an efficient, accurate and reliable Sales process, which fosters improved customer alignment. The team also contributes through the skilled planning, implementation and management of critical, large-scale projects and initiatives in pursuit of delivering extraordinary internal and external customer service. The Senior Sales Operations Specialist is a member of the Sales Operations Team who supports end-to-end process improvements and operational efficiencies. This position requires a highly motivated individual who has an innovative can-do attitude coupled with detailed Sales process and system knowledge. The Senior Sales Operations Specialist will work in a fast-paced team environment, which requires a high performing individual who has the ability to collaborate, pay attention to detail, work in cross-functional teams, and is able to make independent decisions. The Senior Sales Operations Specialist role provides the opportunity to lead centralized pre and post sales activities. This role will work collaboratively with Sales, Credit & Collections, Supply Chain, Accounting, QA, Demand Management, IS and other internal departments to centralize the Sales Department processes to drive compliance and create process efficiencies.
- Solves complex problems through effective communication; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions and develops new processes, concepts, methods, and techniques
- Lead or manage cross-functional projects
- Works independently to develop and implement new processes, analytics, and change management metrics focused on the effective implementation and management of centralized claims processes and corresponding activities
- Develop and implement flexible, adaptive and innovative continuous improvement (CI) processes for effectiveness, efficiencies & accuracy. Analysis and report on change management performance with an eye for potential solutions. Champion of best practice opportunities
- Expertise in process modeling and addressing process breakdowns or inefficiencies
- Collaboration and innovation of process and system solutions for a variety of Driscoll’s digital transformations
- Measures sales and operational efficiencies by developing key sales and operational performance metrics. Analyzes and reports on key metrics to achieve Driscoll’s strategic goals and objectives
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with cross-functional business partners, IS and third-party vendors to support external platform requirements (iTrade, Food Link, Retail Link, Navisphere, etc.)
- Partners with Master Data, Sales, Customers and other applicable departments to ensure all food safety processes and requirements are completed and adhered to. Lead projects and requirements associated with developing an internal/external facing system with customer required documents
- Accountable to provide process compliance clarity by verifying all supporting sales documentation are accurate and current through periodic reviews
- Performs other duties as instructed by the Sales Operations Manager
- Models the way for other team members in expertise of sales operations processes
- Domestic and international travel required up to 10-15%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5-10 years of successful produce and/or berry industry experience: Sales, Category Development, Operations or Supply Chain Planning experience preferred
- 2-3 years Prior people management experience
- Resourceful and creative with the ability to work independently, influence cross-functional team members, initiate new ideas, support implementation of new systems and train others in new processes
- Demonstrated success and a history of high-performance accomplishments, particularly in process and project management ideally in Sales, Marketing or Supply Chain environments
- Proven experience leading and supporting process improvement initiatives or managing projects
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to lead through cross-functional collaboration; facilitates and influences decisions
- Ability to multitask with a sense of urgency in a quick cycle time and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage both tactical and execution-based responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in developing, implementing and assessing key metrics
- Must be flexible with work schedule, able to work non-standard business hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Dynamics AX, Salesforce)
- Proficiency in Tableau preferred
- Strong customer service acumen
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.