SR Tableau Developer
- Location: Mexico-Guadalajara
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004314
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAbout the Opportunity: Please join us in our next adventure: transforming our farming heritage to meet the next generation of the agriculture industry - AgTech, where agriculture and technology intersect. Bring your creative technical skills to the table! We are aggressively searching for a Senior Tableau Developer and admin to manage the lifecycle of Tableau analytics dashboards, including business requirements gathering, functional specification write-ups, prototyping, development, quality testing, user acceptance testing, roll-out and post-launch enhancements implementation. As a Senior Tableau Developer and Administrator, you will work broadly across technical and non-technical teams to craft realistic plans, translate technical concepts, and share the vision on data. In this role, you must have a proven ability to design engaging and interactive business insights dashboards using Tableau and acquired knowledge and experience on data visualization best practices, focusing on enhancing user interaction and user experience.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Create Tableau dashboards, troubleshoot any report issue in Tableau, manage data sources
- Create and edit SQL queries within Tableau to build calculated fields
- Create interactive filters/parameters/calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets
- Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server collaborating with programmers and QA analysts to test/clean/standardize data that meet business requirements
- Perform work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas
- Exceptional verbal communications and documentation skills maintaining workflows and dashboard functionality
- Consistent engagement in active dialogue with enterprise stakeholders and data providers
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects, having flexibility to change priorities when needed
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with IS team to accomplish planned growth
- Ensure to deliver on time, on budget and to specification; use every delivery as a chance to iterate and improve the team, quality of data, and the use of data
- Contribute to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform
- Domestic and international travel required up to 10%
Your Skills/Knowledge/Abilities Required:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field, or 5+ years of equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8+ years combined progressive experience in Tableau, Business Intelligence, analytics, or other quantitative fields
- 5+ years’ Tableau experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards
- At least 1+ years’ experience using Tableau’s latest version to design, develop, administer business intelligence dashboards
- 5+ years’ of UI/UX space with proven abilities of using combination of user interface tools to illustrate product usability (wire frames, prototypes, mock-ups, white boarding); experience may be concurrent or overlap with Tableau experience
- Experience working with large/complex data sets; ability to write simple queries to create calculated fields
- Practical understanding of data systems on process automation and standardization (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL)
- Experience working on a support team environment by documenting, researching, solving problems via phone calls or email ticketing system
- Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors gathering/validating functional requirements and provide design specifications
- Exceptional and advanced English and Spanish communication skills with all levels of organization is required (written, verbal, digital, formal presentations)
Additional Pluses & Leadership Competencies:
- Eager to learn and understand what the business needs—not just what it has—and can design according to those needs
- Tell the story! Ability to explain complex data and extract clear information for a wide audience
- Expert who loves working in Tableau and other BI tools!
- Solid understanding and experience of Tableau architecture
- Focus on customer experience and build product features that delight users
- Passionate about exploring new technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound technical decisions
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.