- Location: US - Red Bluff Nursery
- Job Family: Nursery
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004261
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe goal of The Nursery Program Team is to enable Driscoll’s Nursery department to fill the pipeline to commercialization with new genetics from our DSA breeding programs. The Nursery Coordinator will be responsible for adding value to the Nursery team by providing clear and timely information needed for Nursery execution. Their collaboration with breeders, program team, and Nursery Operations will be essential in creating a smooth process flow for the delivery of plants to customers. This role will serve as a trainer and quality partner for Nursery Operations teams to achieve the program plan within the set clean stock guidelines. A successful coordinator will be highly collaborative, gathering and distributing information to enable Nursery plant orders from breeding programs to get processed and delivered to internal or external customers on time, in volume, and quality.
- Coordinate execution of “orders” with Nursery Operations teams by creating labels, layouts, maps, and other value-added services for Nursery Operations.
- Takes plant breeding orders from Breeders and Applied Research departments.
- Creates executable plant orders from foundation plans given by the Program Manager.
- Enables distribution of orders to Breeder/Nursery customers.
- Tracks and follows up with internal and external Nursery orders.
- Allocates inventory to orders based on plan.
- Facilitates initiations schedule and collection orders.
- Places orders in Nursery order system (propagation, initiation, pack, and dump) based on breeding status updates.
- Supports clean stock team, provides export list to plant movement group.
- Supports the execution of the Nursery clean stock program, validates that guidelines are met.
- Supports the Nursery in auditing processes for quality and adherence to best management practices.
- Troubleshoots process for data collection, supports manipulation of data on various desktop or handheld devices.
- Supports Nursery Operations teams in process improvements, providing value added solutions that make their processes more effective and efficient.
- Strong collaborator with excellent people and communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs; particularly Excel.
- A passion for doing accurate work and meeting deadlines.
- Problem solver, desire to improve processes to be more effective and efficient.
- Successfully demonstrate ability to perform required responsibilities of the role with passion, humility and trustworthiness.
- Sometimes an extended schedule or overtime to accommodate the needs of the business is required.
- Demonstrates a high level of organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Displays initiative and the ability to adequately set and meet deadlines.
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Four-year Business degree is preferred, however, equivalent combination of education, experience, and training in a related field may be considered.
- Bilingual English /Spanish communication skills preferred.
- The ability to understand external processes and apply them to areas of responsibilities.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.