Global Network Engineer
- Location: Mexico-Guadalajara
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004232
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityPlease join us in our next adventure: transforming our farming heritage to meet the next generation of the agriculture industry - AgTech, where agriculture and technology intersect. Bring your creative technical skills to the table! Driscoll’s has an exciting opportunity! We are hiring a new Global Network Engineer to help us grow our company and expand our services via the highest performance, most reliable network technologies available! This opportunity requires a senior leader for networking within the company, driving the design, adoption, and support of technology and processes in alignment with our mission and vision.
- Design and deploy the core network infrastructure required to run our business
- Research and identify new technologies and techniques to improve our global service level via high-performance networks, secure access to services, and superior design
- Implement best practices across all network management and monitoring platforms
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to network administrators and technicians that build and support our sites and services
- Drive technical project implementation through design & architecture, build & implementation, and transition to support
- Encourage the adoption of automation to reduce management overhead and complexity
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network outages, performance issues, and project roadblocks
- Ensure high performance, high availability, and disaster recovery are designed and built into every deployment, service, and project we take on
- Prepare the monitoring, feedback mechanisms, and customer engagement necessary to ensure that our infrastructure meets the needs of the business
- Expand our network footprint and services to include additional sites, services, security, and especially cloud platforms, in alignment with our technical roadmap
- Design and implement the monitoring, alerting, and incident response plans to ensure services and applications are available at the highest levels
- Provide input to the technical roadmap for the information services department and infrastructure team
- Conduct performance and capacity management reviews of all managed network equipment and services, including WAN, LAN, wireless, and firewall platforms in particular
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with other Information Services departments, including Service Desk, Network Operations, Applications, and Information Security to accomplish planned growth in support of end user activities and the goals of our company
- Bachelor’s degree education in computer science or related technical field and/or extensive on the job experience as a Network Engineer for 6-12 years
- Exceptional and advanced English communication skills with all levels of organization is required (written, verbal, digital, formal presentations)
- Expert level design and configuration of switching, routing, SD-WAN, firewall, and wireless platforms
- Expert level understanding of various WAN technologies, including fiber optic, cable, DSL, wireless, cellular, and satellite (LEO and geostationary)
- Extensive experience and high-level expertise with global MPLS carriers and WAN providers, including US, Mexico, China, and European countries is absolutely vital
- Strong routing protocol and service recovery knowledge with SD-WAN
- Experience with automation technologies such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Octopus, Git
- Top notch network firewall, filtering, and quality of service rule definition is needed
- Heavy focus on security of communications, management, and access to resources is an absolute necessity
- Experience with network monitoring tools, self-healing mechanisms, and automated incident recovery platforms is highly desirable
- Experience with load balancing in on-premises and cloud appliances
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Ideal candidates for this position will have the ability to understand the big picture while driving detailed delivery of technical projects and services
- Experience operating in rural, remote, and challenging locations for network services would be extremely helpful
- Constant curiosity about network technology and infrastructure will enable the best candidates to learn and understand Driscoll’s requirements and deliver the key services we need to succeed
- A Master’s degree education in computer science, networking, or information security is highly desirable; experience gained via extensive work experience in networking roles is equivalent
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.