Sr Systems Engineer
- Location: Mexico-Guadalajara
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004231
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY Please join us in our next adventure: transforming our farming heritage to meet the next generation of the agriculture industry - AgTech, where agriculture and technology intersect. Bring your creative technical skills to the table! The Senior Systems Engineer position is a technical leader for the design, development, and deployment of key servers and cloud service platforms that run Driscoll’s infrastructure. This role brings the highest level of critical analysis, evaluation, and prioritization to the various technologies the company requires to operate and grow. As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will guide cloud and server infrastructure, and related systems or platforms, through the design & architecture, build & implementation and transition to support. All these tasks must be completed while keeping in mind the operational needs of the business, the requirements of the applications, servers, and services infrastructure, and the security and stability of our infrastructure overall.
- Design, build, and deploy the critical infrastructure servers, platforms, and cloud services needed to operate the applications and systems Driscoll’s requires
- Provide technical leadership to implement new systems, services, management platforms, and other infrastructure components as needed
- Mentor team members to follow best practices among the other systems engineering, administration, and technical staff
- Automate common practices and procedures to streamline infrastructure operations, including basic system builds, deployments, and initial configuration of new accounts and services
- Document standard operating procedures for routing and complex tasks to be carried out by systems administrators and technicians
- Assist with incident resolution and major incident recovery of escalated issues
- Prepare the monitoring, feedback mechanisms, and customer engagement necessary to ensure that our infrastructure meets the needs of the business
- Ensure high performance, high availability, and disaster recovery are designed into every deployment/project
- Design and implement the monitoring, alerting, and incident response plans to ensure services and applications are available at the highest levels
- Conduct performance and capacity management reviews of managed systems and services
- Develop key measurements and performance indicators, track those indicators, taking action to improve the performance and reliability of all managed systems
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with all other information services departments, end users, and business unit leadership to accomplish planned growth
- Contribute to the company’s people priorities and objectives regarding people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform
- Domestic and international travel may be required periodically and in compliance with all safety requirements and the health of the employee foremost
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large
- Higher education in computer science or technical field and/or extensive on the job experience as an Infrastructure Systems Engineer for 8+ years
- Exceptional and advanced English communication skills with all levels of organization is required (written, verbal, digital, formal presentations)
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and technical knowledge skills
- Lead systems engineering, administration, and automation across our server and cloud platforms, including Windows Server, Linux, Office 365, Active Directory, and similar technologies
- Expert level configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Microsoft product platforms: O365, Azure AD, Windows Active Directory, PowerShell, and SQL Server or Sharepoint
- Strong Infrastructure as Code experience with automation of standard processes and a rigorous procedural mindset including experience with tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Octopus, Git
- Extensive virtualization experience, both on-prem and cloud (VMware and AWS preferred)
- Strong knowledge of data prioritization, storage, and management technologies to ensure performance meets the requirements of workload/workflow in on-premise and cloud
- Knowledge of application, system, and service monitoring tools (New Relic, Orion Network Performance Monitor, PRTG), alerting and notification, automated/scripted response, and triage/escalation process
- Extensive performance and reliability planning experience required; continuous improvement mindset is a strong predictor of success for this position!
- Strong understanding and demonstration of the core values of Driscoll’s: Passion, Humility, and Trustworthiness
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.