Food Service Intern
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Administration
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004203
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Intern
About the OpportunityThe Foodservice Sales Interns plays a critical role in supporting Driscoll’s Mission, Vision, and Values as the Fresh Berry Category Leader. Customer Service in this position should be top of mind for not only our internal customers, but also our external customers. We are looking for someone who wants to gain valuable knowledge of the Foodservice Industry from a grower perspective and our entire operation distribution channels. If this sounds like you, please continue to read!
- Performs effective Customer Service practices for our internal and external customers
- Answers phone calls and processes them accordingly within Sales Group
- Inputs sales order and verify shipping process
- Communicates Pricing information to appropriate Customers
- Works with Sales Staff to facilitate Accounts Receivables process
- Job Shadows with other Departments (Marketing, Precool, Quality Assurance)
- Working in DAX, Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Teams, and Itrade
- Ensures Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Represents Driscoll's in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large
- Maintains a safe and professional appearing work area
- Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics, or any other related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain strong working relationships through collaborative team projects
- Ability to think consumer first and drive positive experiences for Driscoll’s consumer audiences
- Experience in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced changing environment
- Eager and open to learn!
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.