Investigador Asociado Sr, Mejoramiento Viveros
- Location: Mexico-Huamantla
- Job Family: Research & Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004109
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis role will assist the R&D Breeding Nursery Programme Manager with planning and budgeting efforts for R&D’s Breeding Nursery plan in Mexico, ensuring the plan is communicated to the DOTA Nursery in good time to allow them to execute the production of required Breeding Nursery material. As R&D Breeding Nursery Coordinator- Mexico for Driscoll’s, you will have responsibility for gathering the required information for communication back into R&D as to order placement, progress and completion of the R&D Breeding Nursery plan (Mexico). You will achieve this by working directly with DOTA Nursery counterparts, however this is an R&D facing role. The role is designed to channel already generated information from DOTA Nursery counterparts back to R&D to create greater transparency for R&D as well as ensuring timely feedback to the DOTA Nursery to help them in their efforts to steer production (drops/order changes/surpluses/opportunities). Helping R&D’s test plot network in Mexico understand inbound plant quality at the point of dispatch from the Nursery is also a key element of this role
Overview of responsibilities-
- To give greater clarity to R&D at the point of harvesting and delivery of plant material at Breeding Nursery locations in Mexico, and the quality of said material
- Follow plant progress through the breeding nursery, working closely with counterparts in the DOTA Nursery to understand and report out to R&D with progress against order, using whichever pre agreed business templates are required (Test plots etc).
- Ensure good communication with all stakeholders, with a view to maintaining and improving the feedback of plant quality back to R&D and its test plot network in Mexico.
- Implement a quality feedback system to capture QC feedback of plants upon delivery to test plots to feed information back to our nurseries, good info as well as areas to focus on.
- Work with DOTA Nursery counterparts to report out monthly on progress as regards to plant quality & quantity vs agreed specs/orders to R&D & Nursery leadership.
- Identify any requests or requirements from our colleagues in the Nursery for support, as needed, utilising the R&D Global Nursery and Agronomy Tech transfer teams.
- Responsible for reporting out on the Mexico Breeding Nursery plant production plan to Breeders, R&D and Nursery leadership teams.
- Ensure production data and plant counts of the nurseries involved are being captured administratively on time and communicated to nursery & R&D leadership- reporting out monthly.
- In conjunction with the R&D Breeding Nursery Programme Manager, work with DOTA Nursery counterparts to formulate a methodology to track and report monthly inventory position vs what must be written off.
- Regularly visit the nurseries to build relationships and work with DOTA nursery counterparts to understand any threats or risks to our plans, or opportunities to go faster.
- Ensure timely and correct feedback as regards order adjustments, risks, successes and alterations, technical or otherwise is given to R&D as well as the DOTA Nursery to help them in their operations
- Work closely with the DOTA Nursery Logistics team in Mexico, local and national authorities to help ensure material movement and timing to R&D locations is clear and understood by recipients of the material at &D locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Business or a related discipline,
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in an agricultural or horticultural setting.
- Previous work experience desired: managing and/or working with soft fruit nursery plant production or fruit production, farming analytics, regulatory compliance and/or production schedules desired.
- Candidate must be disciplined, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with multiple departments.
- Good communication skills, self-starter and with an ability to lead by example.
- Strong computer proficiency; particularly with Excel and Power Point.
- English fluency and literacy required, with Spanish fluency would be an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to be covered under a company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions as needed. Frequent travel is required as part of this role.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.