Farming Assistant Supervisor
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Research & Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004055
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Test Plot Assistant Supervisor is a working leader position that will perform specific duties to ensure the overall success of the Farming Operations. Specific duties will include leadership responsibilities of a specific team, sub-department, sub-function or process. The position will work across our berries grown onsite and will have the responsibility of people oversight. There is a strong emphasis on productivity, employee safety, leadership, independence, and understanding of processes.
- Lead Farming Operations department in the absence of Farming Leadership Team.
- Lead department meetings as needed.
- Leadership responsibilities may include oversight of Farming Operations crew, labor tracking and Agrivi App and training
- Serve as a mentor, trainer, and/or role model for other employees.
- Working on special department projects under the direction of the Farming Operations Manager/Supervisor that may include: data collection, field trails, etc.
- Support coordination and communication with breeders.
- Support safety incident documentation and process.
- Ensures the safe keeping of propriety varieties and confidential information.
- Follows company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business - like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Farming Operations Leadership Team.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Minimum of four years of work experience in a similar field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous leadership experience preferred – including the ability to develop, coach and lead a team.
- Ability to work independently with technology as required.
- Candidate must be reliable, disciplined, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Bilingual communication skills required [English and Spanish].
- Knowledge of reading, writing and arithmetic required in both English and Spanish.
- Obtain train the trainer certification for pesticides, tractor and forklift.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed based on operational needs.
- Must be able to work in field settings.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the following competencies in the workplace: collaborates, plans & aligns, drives for results, strategic mindset and cultivates innovation.
- Proven ability to demonstrate our company values in action as a role model in the workplace: Passion, Humility and Trustworthiness.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.