- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004054
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Sales department is to execute on go-to-market strategies to grow and strengthen the berry category for our Customers. Driscoll’s berries are made available to Consumers through active partnerships with our Customers in many different Sales Channels. The Sales Coordinator’s core responsibilities consist of order management, cross functional collaboration and assists the Sales Representatives in managing day to day transactional activities to ensure the best customer service. The Sales Coordinator will work in dynamic environments where priorities and tactics can shift based on supply, requiring the skill and flexibility to manage multiple tasks each day depending on priority playing a critical role to meet Driscoll’s internal sales strategies.
- Order Entry – Accurately enters orders in Driscoll’s platforms with direction from Sales Reps, Sales leadership team on loading location and price
- Collaborates with Sales Representative who provides guidance on managing customer orders as it aligns with Driscoll’s customer strategies and promotional activity
- Supply and demand management – provides reports to Sales Reps to support daily supply alignment and customer order status. Adjusts orders as instructed by sales reps or requested by customers to align with supply availability
- Refer to aging report and be able to research and process invoice adjustments
- Pro-actively flag orders that will lead to invoice adjustments or opens claims for sales representatives to process
- Research and compile information for sales rep to help inform the process of closing pool weeks
- Collaborates with supply chain to meet customer request on loading location, volume available for pick up and sku’s
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone or email regarding order status, volume available to ship, location of product in transit, ETA’s
- Collaborates with Sales Rep and customer when product needs to be diverted to load or deliver at a different location
- Timely follow up and/or follow through with basic customer inquiries, eg distribution center loading windows, truck location, sales order status
Cross-Functional Collaboration Projects
- As Driscoll’s evolves by improving technology efficiencies, Coordinators may be asked to test and validate the effectiveness of new systems
- Cross functional teams (supply chain, transportation, credit and collections) may require inputs and feedback to develop or improve processes
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large
- Other duties as assigned*
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or 1-2 years successful sales, agricultural, or customer service experience
- Ability to learn and use internal systems Basic DAX, ITrade, and other customer order platforms
- Ability to use Microsoft office platforms – Outlook and PowerPoint with ease
- Basic – intermediate Microsoft Excel skills for reporting purposes – basic formatting, sorting, filtering, formulas, and pivot tables
- Ability to interpret and make decisions based on inventory available
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate needs and requests clearly and with context. Understands basic customer communication skills both written and verbal – consistent, clear, concise
- Customer service skills “People first attitude” – empathy, patience, self-control, adaptability, and effective listening
- Perishables/operations experience preferred
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and able to execute on direction given
- Ability to identify and communicate when a problem has occurred and can anticipate problems that will occur from action taken
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.