Employee Giving Specialist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Social & Environmental Impact
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004048
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAdditional Locations: US - Remote Worker - California
The Employee Giving Specialist will coordinate Driscoll's Employee Giving activities in the U.S. and Mexico, including ensuring that the Program's activities fulfill the policies and guidelines of Driscoll's Giving Program. The Employee Giving Specialist will ensure that the Program meets all its internal and external commitments related to Driscoll's employee-led giving. The ability to communicate and coordinate effectively and support Employee Giving activities across multiple geographies will be critical, and this individual will work cross-culturally and collaboratively with employees at all company levels. The ideal candidate will also have significant experience in data management as required to produce program reports, track progress, and calculate program Key Performance Indicators using Driscoll's Employee Giving online portal and internal accounting data.
- Increase awareness of and participation in Driscoll's Employee Giving program. The Specialist will develop, implement and refine outreach strategies and venues to reach employees at all company levels.
- Refine and update Driscoll's Employee Giving program. The Specialist will develop and improve the Program's processes and tools to standardize and streamline it's operations.
- Increase involvement in the Individual Employee Donation Match and Volunteerism program, including training employees to use Driscoll's online giving and volunteerism platform (Spark by Benevity) and designing efforts to promote the Program, and work with HR to integrate Driscoll's Employee Volunteer and Donation Match offerings into the Company's Total Rewards program.
- Expand participation in Driscoll's Employee Volunteer Teams at all company levels and across Driscoll's locations in both the U.S. and Mexico.
- Manage the Employee Giving Program's online platforms. The Specialist will review project applications, follow up on post-project reports, and help partner nonprofits register with our online platform provider (Benevity) and become a grantee of the Driscoll's Charitable Fund.
- Coordinate and coauthor the Employee Giving section of Driscoll's Giving's annual report to shareholders, employees, and the general public. The Specialist will use post-project surveys, data, and information from the Program's online platform to develop compelling stories about Employee Giving activities.
- Support the expansion of the Employee Giving Program. The Specialist will adapt the Employee Giving Program's online platform to reflect each new geography's policies, language, and institutional context before launching and rolling out the platform to Driscoll's employees working in these regions.
- Oversee the financial management of the Employee Giving Program. The Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely disbursement of employees' volunteer and donation match funds to nonprofit partner organizations.
- Support the operations of the broader Driscoll's Giving Program. The Specialist will also provide critical administrative and operational support for Driscoll's Sponsorships and Grant Programs.
Measures of Success
The measures of success for the Employee Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Increase the number of hours volunteered by individual employees each year
- Grow the number of employee volunteer experiences generated annually by employee team projects
- Expand the number of employee-led projects executed each year
- Increase the donations provided to nonprofits through the Employee Giving program
- Grow the number of nonprofits that benefit from the Employee Giving programs
- Expand the number of operational locations where the local team implements one or more employee-led projects per year
- Increase the participation of employees of our independent growers in employee-led projects
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) in English and some Spanish proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Community Affairs, Social Sciences, or related field. However, a candidate's lived experience can substitute for academic credentials
- 3-5 years of professional experience working within a highly matrixed organization
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable, flexible, dependable, and capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with experience handling multiple projects
- Strong work ethic and a genuine desire to contribute to the community
- An ability to cope with and withstand adversity while still maintaining a sense of humor
- Basic working proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to maintain a valid CA Driver's License
- Valid passport with the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-35% of the time within the U.S. and Mexico
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- 3-5 years of experience with Charitable Giving, Employee Engagement, Community Involvement, Communications, Operations preferred
- Bi-bilingual in Spanish-English, proficiency in other languages a plus
- A basic to intermediate understanding of basic accounting and financial management
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, or similar design software
- Knowledge of Sharepoint or similar software
- Familiarity with grantmaking and employee engagement platforms (e.g., Benevity, Cybergrants, etc.)
- Event planning and management skills
- Project design, implementation, and evaluation expertise
- Experience designing and executing employee training and exchanges
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.