Sales Coordinator - Multi Channel Sales (Bakersfield or Watsonville - CA)
- Location: US - Bakersfield Office
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004034
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAdditional Locations: US - Watsonville, California
Driscoll’s berries are made available to Consumers through active partnerships with our Customers in many different Sales Channels. The Sales Coordinator assists Sales Representatives alongside cross-functional departments in managing day to day transactional activities to ensure the best customer service. Sales Coordinators play a huge role in Driscoll’s success. Coordinators work in dynamic environments where priorities and tactics can shift based on supply, requiring the skill and flexibility to manage multiple tasks each day depending on priority. This role will report to the Multi-Channel Channel Manager.
- Order Entry – Accurately enters orders in Driscoll’s platforms without direction from Sales Reps, Sales leadership team on loading location and price.
- Provides guidance on managing customer orders and expectations as it aligns with Driscoll’s customer strategies and promotional activity.
- Supply and demand management – provides reports to Sales Reps to support daily supply alignment and customer order status. Adjusts orders as needed or requested by customers to align with supply availability.
- Refer to aging report and be able to research and process invoice adjustments.
- Pro-actively flag orders that will lead to invoice adjustments or opens claims for sales representatives to process.
- Research and compile information for sales rep to help inform the process of closing pool weeks.
- Collaborates with supply chain to meet customer request on loading location, volume available for pick up and sku’s.
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone or email regarding order status, volume available to ship, location of product in transit, ETA’s.
- Collaborates with Sales Rep and customer when product needs to be diverted to load or deliver at a different location.
- Timely follow up and/or follow through with basic customer inquiries, eg distribution center loading windows, truck location, sales order status.
- Has the courage to proactively tap cross functional departments to solve more complex operational needs.
- Seeing Issues and Discrepancies between Quote, Itrade, Pricing.
- Manage minor confrontation communication internally and with customers; providing options.
Cross-Functional Collaboration Projects
- As Driscoll’s evolves by improving technology efficiencies, Coordinators may be asked to test and validate the effectiveness of new systems.
- Cross functional teams (supply chain, transportation, credit and collections) may require inputs and feedback to develop or improve processes.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large.
- Ability to understand how to research and reconcile PO’s in all portals.
- Intermediate DAX knowledge eg: Opening/Flagging Invoices Adjustments Activities, Quote Management.
- Ability to work with Sales Ops Team on processing Rejection Returns.
- Ability to use Microsoft office platforms – Outlook and PowerPoint with ease.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills for reporting purposes – formatting, sorting, filtering, formulas, and pivot tables.
- Ability to interpret and make decisions based on inventory available.
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate needs and requests clearly and with context. Understands basic customer communication skills both written and verbal – consistent, clear, concise.
- Customer service skills “People first attitude” – empathy, patience, self-control, adaptability, and effective listening.
- Ability to identify and communicate when a problem has occurred and can anticipate problems that will occur from action taken.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Perishables/operations experience preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and able to execute on direction given.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.