Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance Specialist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Food Safety
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004032
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis position will support the Driscoll’s United States and Canada Regulatory and Compliance Team to ensure that Driscoll’s of the Americas fulfills Food Safety-related regulations across the supply chain. Starting on the grower production site, following cooling and distribution, and market of destination by developing, implementing, and maintaining systems and programs. This position will report directly to the United States and Canada Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Administer and maintain the functionality for the pesticide management eco-system Food safety And Compliance Tracking System (FACTS), Agrian, and BerryApp
- Be the contact point between Sales and Food Safety and Compliance for the Customer Requirements process, retrieving and providing information as demanded
- Administer and maintain systematic Customer Request information through the supply change compliance system Azzule
- Participate in system and program development and deployment through participation in activities such as: documenting systems requirements, system testing, change management, training, and writing guidelines for users
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with the following departments: Food Safety Operations, IS, Supply & Operations, Distribution, Production, and Sales to accomplish planned growth
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
- University degree (preferably on food science or related fields)
- Bilingual. Spanish (preferred)/English skills required
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Customer service competency
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- 1-3 years’ experience in Food Safety or Quality Assurance
- Analytically strong and detail-oriented
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.