Sr Accountant, US Nursery
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003976
- Experience Years:
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis position is a key member of the Driscoll’s DOTA Nursery Finance and Accounting team. The Sr. Nursery Accountant performs accounting duties of a complex nature requiring professional experience and knowledge of accounting principles. Responsible for the accurate accounting and financial reporting, systems, processes and support activities for specific farming investments, which includes Deferred Plant Costs and Fees and the associated Nursery Amortization, US Crop Investments and other US Farming Investments (i.e. Post Nursery Long Cane Storage and Non-Refundable Planting Fees).
Driscoll’s is the leading supplier of fresh berries in the world. To kick off the supply chain input to Driscoll’s fruit production, Driscoll’s Nursery Operations propagates plants to supply to its independent growers. Furthermore, from time to time, Driscoll’s also financially invests in the farming operations of many of its independent growers. The DOTA Nursery Finance team is responsible for the finance and accounting business support to these extremely critical areas of the business.
This position is a key member of the Driscoll’s DOTA Nursery Finance and Accounting team. The Sr. Nursery Accountant performs accounting duties of a complex nature requiring professional experience and knowledge of accounting principles. Responsible for the accurate accounting and financial reporting, systems, processes and support activities for specific farming investments, which includes Deferred Plant Costs and Fees and the associated Nursery Amortization, US Crop Investments and other US Farming Investments (i.e. Post Nursery Long Cane Storage and Non-Refundable Planting Fees).
The Sr. Nursery Accountant will develop solutions to complex problems, recommend best practices, manage multiple priorities, connect the interdependencies between Operations, Finance, Accounting and cross functional work groups. May lead projects or project teams.
- Financial Accounting:
- Prepares journal entries
- Prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Prepares variance, flux and trend analysis and related commentary
- Prepares supporting audit schedules
- Close & Reporting:
- Leads monthly, quarterly and yearly closing functions
- Leads aspects of consolidation for specific subsidiaries as assigned
- Completes necessary month end analysis, schedules and commentary
- Performs maintenance of ledger accounts and records in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Driscoll’s Accounting Policies
- Assists with preparation of Monthly Financial Reporting Packages to be utilized by Operations, Regional leadership, Business Unit leadership and Financial leadership
- Nursery Finance Support:
- Supports Nursery Finance team in the execution of management reporting and analysis, projections and the AOP as it relates to the specific farming activities listed above
- Systems and Tools:
- Supports the development, design and maintenance of current and future transactional and reporting systems and tools for the specific farming activities listed above
- Process Management:
- Works independently and in cross-functional teams as required to improve the processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position, provide critical financial data, assess risk, make decisions and meet controllership and reporting objectives
- Supports and leads in the execution of projects as needed and prioritized by the Nursery Finance and Accounting department
- Other Departmental Support:
- Provide supporting tax schedules
- Provide supporting treasury schedules
- Assists with Driscoll’s compliance reporting requirements
- Assists with the review, assessment and documentation of internal controls for Driscoll’s processes and procedures
- General Responsibilities:
- Maintain, create and update standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Ad hoc request as needed
- Domestic and international travel required up to 15%
- Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.