Sales Demand Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003968
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Demand Management department is to contribute to the success of Driscoll’s Mission through the skilled planning, implementation and execution for successful supply and demand alignment in pursuit of delivering extraordinary internal and external customer service. The team will provide a structure that supports go-to-market and customer strategies through the execution of short-range demand planning across all Sales channels. The Sales Demand Manager is a member of the Sales Demand Management Team who will drive capability and process improvements to effectively align supply and demand. This position will work collaboratively with Sales, Product Business Management, Customer Development, Marketing, Sales & Operations Planning and Supply Forecasting team members to forecast and manage sales demand to optimize price, improve the customer experience and drive value creation. This position requires a highly motivated individual who will blend business expertise, an innovative can-do attitude and pragmatic demand management experience. The Sales Demand Manager will ensure customer demand, customer priority strategies, fruit price optimization and market conditions are accurately represented for their assigned channel to support planning processes for all berries to achieve strategic and fiscal year price and customer performance targets. This role is accountable for meeting the expectations of the demand planning process.
- Promotes the development of flexible, adaptive and innovative processes through effective partnership, collaboration and communication with all of Driscoll’s functional groups, vendors and customers
- Identify, develop and implement flexible, adaptive and innovative continuous improvement (CI) end-to-end demand planning processes for effectiveness, efficiencies & accuracy. Champion of best practice opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and collaboration, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships
- Manages supply and demand alignment process to optimize fruit revenue and improve customer service through successful order fill processes as reflected in thoughtful short range demand plans
- Partners with Sales and Sales Leadership on a daily basis to collaborate on key demand management processes, strategize on sales opportunities and seasonal selling requirements, and share market updates
- Responsible for the creation and publishing of key performance metrics and reports; solves for channel performance gaps and price optimization opportunities
- Analyzes channel allocation strategy to support customer and market strategies while optimizing price
- Performs other duties as instructed by the Senior Director of Business Planning & Solutions and Senior Manager of Sales Demand Management
- Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, vendors, customers, etc.
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this role. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll's, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ plus years of progressive & successful produce and/or berry industry leadership experience
- 4+ years Sales, Marketing, Category Development and/or Supply Chain experience required
- 2+ years Demand Forecasting experience preferred
- Experienced Subject Matter Expertise of berry sales operations, processes and systems
- Strong knowledge in the channels of distribution of perishable product
- Exceptional presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Resourceful and creative with the ability to work independently with little supervision, influence cross functional staff and team members, initiate new ideas, create new systems and develop and train others in new processes
- Demonstrated success and a history of high performance accomplishments ideally in Sales or Supply Chain environments preferred
- Ability to manage up, down, and across, to influence others, resolve conflict, recognize cultural differences and adopt alternative methods
- Strong analytical skills with experience in utilizing information and communication technologies, along with key sales analysis
- Business travel required, both domestic and international
- California driver’s license
- Valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions required
- Proficiency with computer software/programs including Microsoft Office products including knowledge and experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and Salesforce
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.