- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Treasury
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003902
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Assistant Treasurer has primary accountability to manage and execute treasury functions including cash management, cash forecasting, supervising borrowing and investing, treasury operations, day-to-day global commercial bank relationship management, foreign exchange operations and loan compliance for a multi-national company headquartered in the US. Works closely with the Treasurer, who also oversees the Global Tax Department, on cross functional projects, including assessing foreign exchange risk/hedging strategies, intercompany management, systems implementation and supplier financing programs. Assists Treasurer with debt capital markets activity and strategy to finance global investments.
- Provide leadership and direction through a team of experienced Treasury professionals and managers in the US and Mexico and to Controllership personnel in Europe and China performing local Treasury functions.
- Design and oversee Company’s global cash management structure and administration, responsible for bank Treasury management software implementations, completion of Know-Your-Customer bank regulatory compliance, bank account documentation and day-to-day management of global bank cash management relationships.
- Direct daily cash management, debt management and cash forecasting functions, coordinating closely with Global Controllership and Business Units to manage and predict cash inflows and outflows.
- Analyze and recommend potential alternative financing structures and explain/show their impact on balance sheet, cash flow, tax effects and financial ratios.
- Assess foreign exchange and interest rate risk, recommending and structuring hedging programs.
- Direct global provision of foreign exchange with multiple bank providers using multiple systems.
- Manage investments in accordance with Global Investment Policy and prepares reporting.
- Provide development and training to Treasury personnel and functional leads around world to implement and administer global cash management structure and Treasury management software.
- Responsible for preparing loan compliance packages and assist Treasurer to monitor and ensure Company remains in compliance with loans around the world.
- Oversee and maintain Treasury department controls.
- Provide Treasury-related due diligence support when Company is evaluating investments and mergers and acquisitions opportunities.
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with Treasurer, Global Controllership, Business Unit Finance Leaders and Global Tax Department to accomplish planned growth.
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Recruit, onboard, and coach staff to ensure robust learning and career development consistent with the Company’s values and rapidly globalizing profile.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 10%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people manager, you will accomplish work individually and through others while delivering on functional accountabilities connected to the employee lifecycle, including:
- Workforce Planning: Aligning the people plan to the business plan
- Hiring: Find, evaluate, and hire new team members
- Onboarding: Integrating new employees into the organization
- Managing: Organize and coordinate activities of a team in order to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Development: Partnering with your employees to create a plan to grow in their existing or potential future roles
- Employee Safety: Ensure both physical and psychological safety in the workplace
- Off-boarding: Ending an employment relationship
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving.
The candidate must have broad experience with global cash management, treasury operations, foreign exchange, debt capital markets and loan compliance. They must demonstrate strong leadership skills and working collaboratively with other functions within finance and with business units around the world.
The skills and experiences most critical to success in this role are:
- 15 years or more of relevant experience, primarily with multi-national companies headquartered in the US, including 3 – 5 years in a Treasury executive role.
- An excellent academic foundation that includes a bachelors in a relevant field along with a Certified Treasury Professional certification and/or an MBA.
- Expertise in bank Treasury management software and global bank regulations, with strong communication skills to explain complex Treasury concepts to colleagues and executives outside of the department. Ability to train Treasury personnel and functional leads around the world in Global Treasury operations. Working knowledge of complex international accounting, tax, legal and reporting issues (e.g., transfer pricing, foreign exchange, intercompany loans/capital contributions, capital regulations around world and foreign entity set-up).
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of systems, theories and practices of Treasury functions. Stays abreast of related best practices and developments in Treasury fintech providers and services. Ability to translate this knowledge to drive and improve financial and operational performance of the Global Treasury, the overall Company and related functions.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, developing environment with excellent organizational skills and thorough attention to detail. Have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work effectively in teams, initiate new ideas, to create new systems, to audit and correct errors, to train others in on-the-job procedures, to assist or lead in the direction, control or planning of an activity, to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria, and to schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
- Values based management style that includes active listening, intellectual curiosity and the confidence to have a sense of humility.
- Ability to create a link between an organization’s “work” and its Vision, Mission, and Values.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.