VP, Business Planning & Analysis
- Location: US - 345 Westridge Drive
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003822
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll's, the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries is currently looking to add a Vice President of Business Planning and Analysis (VP BP&A) to the executive leadership team.
This position will oversee three global finance sub-functions and a total team of eight professionals.
- Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for managing recurring processes such as the annual operating plan, annual valuation, quarterly forecasting, capital expenditure management and global management reporting.
- Business Development and Strategy is to the support the strategic planning process of the Company and provide targeted support for high-impact strategic projects across the company, business development initiatives including mergers and acquisitions activity.
- Business Intelligence is a recently created function with the objective of developing and deploying a consistent global process and platform for the development and dissemination of critical business insights across all aspects of the value chain (R&D, Nurseries, Farming, Supply Chain and Commercial Operations) and functions (Finance and Human Resources).
More specifically the role will:
- Develop a Global Business Planning calendar and manage and monitor expectations associated with the deliverables in collaboration with Global and Business Unit finance leaders.
- Lead the Strategic Planning process and related activities.
- Lead the Annual Operating Planning process, the Capital Expenditure management process, the quarterly forecasting process and the preparation of global financial reports for the CEO, the Executive Team and the Board of Directors.
- Lead the annual independent valuation of the Company performed by an external partner.
- Participate in the assessment and implementation of high-impact strategic and business development initiatives including potential mergers and acquisitions, global expansion opportunities and the evaluation of new technologies and programs (the team has participated in the development and deployment of several ‘White Papers’ in digitization, and across the company’s value chain).
- Drive business intelligence (BI) capabilities within the organization, including the execution and maintenance of a Balanced Scorecard. Leverage insights from this platform to provide data-driven decision support to the CEO and Executive Team.
- Support the CFO in the development, review and finalization of the quarterly Board of Directors materials and make presentations to the Board as needed.
- Support the annual audit led by the Chief Accounting Officer and performed by an external partner.
Other details about the role:
- Domestic and international travel required up to 25%.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and related materials.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
Team Orientation: Practice clear thinking and tolerate stress, delivering results while engaging others through effective internal and external relationships, active listening and learning by productive dialogue
Results Orientation: Conversant with leading concepts and best practices in finance, with expertise in the area of decision support and analytics in a global setting. S/he will be personally motivated to be involved in the whole spectrum of finance issues at the strategic and operational level and with an ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing complex business concepts
Strategic Orientation: Proven understanding of business management and strategy and use this perspective in engaging others and interpreting information
Cultural Alignment: Maintaining passion, humility and professionalism in approach and interaction with colleagues and will have irreproachable ethical standards
The experiences and skills most important to success in this role are:
- 15 years of progressive experience
- An excellent academic foundation that includes a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (an MBA is strongly preferred)
- Experience at a consumer goods / consumer packaged goods (CPG) company
- Experience at a top-tier global consulting firm
- Experience in a finance or financial planning and analysis (FP&A) role
- Values based management style that has mastered the art of active listening, high emotional intelligence, curiosity and the confidence to have a sense of humility
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.