Manager of Global Strategy and Business Development
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003784
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis position will be responsible for supporting Global Strategy and Business Development at Driscoll’s. The individual in this position will help manage the global strategic planning process in partnership with the Director of Global Strategy and Business Development. The individual will also support discrete strategic initiatives across the company and support any significant M&A transactions that the company undertakes. This position will have significant visibility to the senior leadership of the Company, including the CEO and CFO.
- Has primary responsibility for the Annual Global Strategic Plan as well as the strategic assessment conducted as part of the Annual Operating Plan in concert with the Director of Global Strategy and Business Development
- Has responsibility for partnering with Business Units to drive individual strategic initiatives that are aligned to Driscoll’s Strategy House
- Provides ongoing strategic thought partnership to Driscoll’s leadership, including the VP of Global Business Planning and Analysis and the CFO and CEO
- Supports Business Development related projects such as expansion in new geographies or new products and evaluating M&A opportunities
- Supports functional strategies and priorities for the Global Support Function
- Executes specific initiatives to improve Driscoll’s understanding of competitive intelligence, consumer trends and macro / sociopolitical impacts to the business
- Interprets external trends into meaningful short- and long-term goals for Driscoll’s and its Business Units
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 10%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving.
4+ years or more in relevant experience
- High potential internal candidate
- If external, 2+ years management consulting experience (or similar strategy experience) at a top firm strongly preferred
- An excellent academic foundation that includes a bachelor’s in a relevant field
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel; candidate’s PowerPoint skills must be advanced beyond basic slide making and include experience in storyboard development
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Previous experience with Executive Communication
- Willingness to “wear many hats” and adapt to ensure success
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects, including people management & timelines
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.