Transaction Services Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003780
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Transaction Services Manager is responsible for oversight of Accounts Payable and administration of the company fleet and credit card programs, the Company Store, and other transactional services as assigned, predominately covering US operations. This role will manage a team focused on providing dependable and timely services, maintain compliance with internal controls and statutory regulations and reporting, maintain applicable data, control costs, increase customer service, and build new capabilities. This role serves in a leadership capacity and will mentor and develop associates, while interacting with employees at all levels throughout the company. In addition, this role could be responsible for managing other transactional services in the future.
- Build out frameworks for Transaction Services processes, including standardization, governance, and maintenance of process flows, data maps, and standard definitions for key process controls
- Identify and implement new technologies and processes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations
- Manage people responsible for the supervision and execution of Transaction Services activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with third-party contractors for fleet, credit card, and other operations
- Support change management initiatives with stakeholders, as assigned by manager
- Partner with Global Controllership to ensure adherence to accounting policies and to support external audit requests
- Ensure service level agreements (SLA’s) related to transaction processing are developed, monitored, and improved
- Develop and maintain the monthly KPIs for tracking team and individual performance
- Act as process expert via proficient understanding of technology solutions including but not limited to: Accounts Payable automation, travel and expense reporting, document scanning, workflow, and ERP payment systems
- Provide issue resolution as the business aligned data expert for key data sources and elements
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with a variety of functional groups throughout the organization to accomplish planned growth.
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Recruit, onboard, and coach staff to ensure robust learning and career development consistent with the Company’s values and rapidly globalizing profile.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people manager, you will accomplish work individually and through others while delivering on functional accountabilities connected to the employee lifecycle, including:
- Workforce Planning: Aligning the people plan to the business plan
- Hiring: Find, evaluate, and hire new team members
- Onboarding: Integrating new employees into the organization
- Managing: Organize and coordinate activities of a team in order to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Development: Partnering with your employees to create a plan to grow in their existing or potential future roles
- Employee Safety: Ensure both physical and psychological safety in the workplace
- Off-boarding: Ending an employment relationship
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10+ years of experience working in a transaction services / shared services environment with integrated systems
- 5+ years of managerial experience, preferably in a transaction services / shared services environment
- Experience using ERP systems such as Dynamics AX, SAP, or Oracle
- Deep subject matter expertise with accounts payable, including experience onboarding vendors, managing vendor master data, and complying with applicable laws and regulations
- Experience with end-to-end processes and accounting for these processes in an integrated system
- Knowledge of basic general accounting & finance required, including understanding internal controls, cash flow forecasting, days payables outstanding, and subledger reconciliations
- Ability to effectively develop policies and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and familiarity with analyzing and understanding data concepts
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with all levels of management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative to stay current on technology advancements
- Experience identifying, implementing, and maintaining information systems to support transaction services activities
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English skills are preferred
- Proven effective record of maintaining positive employee relations and high levels of employee engagement and productivity
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.