- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003755
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s is the leading supplier of fresh berries in the world. As part of the Driscoll’s Global Accounting team, the Global Accountant will play a direct role in supporting the continued success of Driscoll’s. The Global Accountant is a core member of the Global Accounting team and performs accounting duties on a wide range of accounting and consolidation related activities as assigned, such as working on financial close process, general ledger accounting, consolidation and elimination, account reconciliation, reporting tool maintenance, etc.
- Prepare journal entries, maintain ledgers, reconcile and analyze specific general, intercompany and other subsidiary account ledgers
- Prepare month-end accruals. Research and correct issues and variances
- Prepare monthly financial reporting analysis for assigned subsidiaries
- Prepare variance analysis and supporting schedules for assign entities
- Assist in month-end close procedures and the preparation of month-end deliverables
- Assist with year-end audit and footnotes preparation
- Assist with maintenance financial dimensions and financial reporting tool
- Assist with Driscoll’s third-party compliance reporting requirements
- Assist in the development and installation of accounting systems, procedures, and controls
- Resolve and escalate issues to management in a timely manner
- Recommend changes to and assist with the documentation and maintenance of business processes, standards and procedures
- Identify and execute opportunities for process improvements and act as a change agent
- Identify areas of risk/exposure and present/identify alternative solutions
- Domestic and international travel required up to 15%
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant or qualified to sit for the exam
- 0-5 years of finance and accounting experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and basic accounting terminology and concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of sensitive data
- Ability to stay on schedule and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, to initiate new ideas, to train others in on-the-job procedures
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills a plus
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.