Sales Representative - ASEAN Intercompany Sales
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003724
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Global Expansion Department is to execute growth strategies to strengthen the berry category for our Customers in key global markets. Driscoll’s success in the berry industry relies on our Sales Representatives ability to work cross-functionally across Demand Management, Supply Chain, Transportation, Product Leadership Market Development, Marketing and the Driscoll’s of China (DOC) Emerging Markets team, to optimize revenue and product distribution in supply exceeds, and demand exceeds markets. A strong Sales Representative at Driscoll’s has a pulse on market dynamics and can work in a fast-paced environment to execute on short-range sales plans based on Driscoll’s internal sales strategies to ensure customer service and enterprise profitability. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Intercompany Sales Representative will be responsible in making timely and strategic decisions around the ASEAN Markets; demonstrating strong communication skills to navigate conversations at multiple levels from junior team members staff to C-Level executives. This role will report into the Intercompany Sales Manager.
- The Sales Representative works collaboratively within Driscoll’s standard operating sales processes to execute customer sales plans, with guidance from DOC and Intercompany Sales Manager as dictated by internal customer strategies and market dynamics in the short range
- Recognizes customer purchase behavior trends and leverages market dynamics to demonstrate forward thinking to provide strategic input to short range sales plans
- Understands how retail operations and supply chain can influence purchase and promotional decisions and utilizes this knowledge to help guide volume and price decisions
- Partners with Intercompany Sales Manager to plan price and volume offers for assigned account base based on competitive landscape and market dynamics in the short range
- Partners with DOC ASEAN team to recommend and execute promotional activity that improves retailer berry category sales and aligns with Driscoll’s distribution and revenue targets
- Manages price and volume communication to customers and manages customer expectations through high/ low supply periods
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders (order entry to customer receiving) to ensure a smooth transaction process
- Works cross functionally to address operational challenges through technical experience, critical thinking, and uses probing questions that generates solutions for both customer and Driscolls. Conceptually understands steps required and own impact to stakeholders when correcting problems that may arise
- Accountable for Accounts Receivable and Invoice Adjustment processes that directly impact sales revenue and grower returns
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and people-first attitude, adapting to different personalities and preferences both internally and with customer procurement teams
- Demonstrates the ability to work with others at all levels or organization and can provide feedback on situations to both junior team members and management
- Is willing and able to undertake all aspects of the transaction process from customer engagement to administrative tasks which can include order entry, transaction research, report generation, etc.
- Leverages cross functional teams and department members to expand knowledge on company priorities and standard operating procedures
- Driscoll’s works in a highly collaborative environment. Sales Representatives work with Supply Chain, Product Leadership, Transportation, Demand Management, Market Development, Market Insights, and other departments as required to execute sales plans in alignment with Customer strategies
- Deliver on our Annual Operating Plan by supporting the category planning process and helping define mutual category goals and plans shared by the Customer and Driscoll’s, facilitate the execution of those goals in partnership with DOC ASEAN Team, and provide a positive return on investment for our Growers and Customers
- Partners with DOC ASEAN Team and Demand Management to facilitate Customer conversations to manage expectations around supply volume and price from the mid-range to short-range planning process
- Sales Representative can provide feedback that aids in process improvement initiatives, by clearly communicating and outlining customer requirements and describe how they fit or don’t fit in Driscoll’s standard operating procedure
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large
- Ability to use internal systems Basic DAX, iTrade and other customer order platforms
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to work through flexible work environments as the job requires: in-office, virtual, in-field, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 3-5 years successful agricultural sales experience, berries preferred but not required
- Experience on ASEAN markets desirable but not required
- Understands grocery retail price strategies, merchandising, and supply-chain
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.