Infrastructure Automation Engineer
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003626
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Infrastructure Automation Engineer is a senior technical leader for infrastructure automation within the company. The key skills for an infrastructure automation engineer at Driscoll’s are teamwork, leadership, and technical knowledge. A Driscoll’s infrastructure automation engineer will be a technical leader, shepherding numerous infrastructure and related systems or platforms through design and architecture, build and implementation, and transition to support. All of these tasks must be completed while keeping in mind the operational needs of the business, the requirements of the applications and services infrastructure, and the security and stability of all infrastructure components.
- Design, architect, build, maintain, and drive automation of infrastructure systems using best practices and principles of “Infrastructure as Code.”
- Provide senior level support and operational oversight of systems and cloud platforms, including capacity and performance analysis, troubleshooting, design and improvement recommendations, and documentation.
- Implement new infrastructure technologies, platforms, and services to deliver business and infrastructure functionality as needed to support our company mission.
- Lead technical projects for infrastructure deployments, especially those focused on automating and managing our servers, services, and cloud platforms.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve our current operations, reduce downtime, streamline business and technology workflows, and secure all infrastructure.
- Develop and report KPIs via automated platforms (monitoring, BI, or scripted) for all aspects of infrastructure, particularly core systems, storage, network, and cloud functions.
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with key business stakeholders, information services leadership, and the infrastructure team, to accomplish planned growth.
- Contribute to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Expert level experience in infrastructure automation, orchestration, monitoring, and proactive management of systems, network, storage, and cloud platforms.
- Deep knowledge and capabilities in infrastructure as code management practices, source control, deployment, and testing methodologies.
- 10-12 years experience in information services/information technology, with a recent focus on automation.
- 5-7 years of systems management, network management, storage management, and/or cloud platforms design, engineering, and deployment.
- Senior level experience with infrastructure orchestration platforms such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Advanced expertise with Cloud Formation, Powershell, and/or Python.
- Demonstrated technical leadership, including design, architecture, and roll-out of complex infrastructure systems and platforms.
- Calm, confident, and clear communicator, collaborator, and partner to peers, business users, customers, and suppliers.
- Champion of cutting-edge technology implementation that is stable, secure, and manageable.
- Flexible and quick problem solving is often required in this role, of technical, process, and procedural issues alike.
- Patience and curiosity will be a valuable asset for the ideal candidate.
- Proven delivery of infrastructure services and platforms is a must!
- Driven to achieve the strategic objectives of the company with new and unique capabilities, whether that be technically focused, people focused, or process focused.
- Ability to successfully work in a collaborative team environment, locally and remotely.
- Comprehensive systems management and automation experience with Microsoft Windows, primarily via virtual remote servers. While Driscoll’s is currently a Windows primary shop, we are rapidly expanding our Linux footprint, so advanced systems administration skills in Linux are desirable.
- Thorough understanding of cloud services, including virtual machine hosting, data migration, security and access standards, account structure, billing analysis, and virtual private cloud concepts.
- Understanding of block, elastic, file, and object storage methods, practices, platforms, and tools.
- Understanding of relational database services, lambda functions, ETL workflow, and content delivery networks.
- Deep understanding of multi-region and multi-zone deployments, high availability models, and disaster recovery, to facilitate deployment of automated failover systems and platforms.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.