Sr. Customer Development Manager
- Location: US - Remote Locations - California
- Job Family: Category Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003620
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Market Development department is to accelerate growth of berry consumption by influencing Customer and Consumer behavior around the Berry Category with strategies and direction to optimize the value of our offering. A Customer Development Manager will support and contribute to Driscoll’s sales and marketing activities with a specified group of customers and will be responsible for growing berry category sales (unit movement, revenues, and gross profits) through effective analysis, strategic planning, collaboration, and making recommended win-win solutions for both Driscoll’s and our partners. This could a remote role based in the U.S.
- Lead account engagement strategy (diamond relationship) to build and support key retail relations including the corporate office and regional division levels
- Deliver on our Annual Operating Plan by leading the category planning process and defining mutual category goals and plans shared by the Customer and Driscoll’s, facilitate the execution of those goals in partnership with Sales, and provide a positive return on investment for our Growers and Customers
- Partners with Sales and Demand Management to facilitate Customer conversations to manage expectations around supply volume and price from the mid-range to short-range planning process.
- Collaborate with Shopper Marketing to build awareness and confidence in our brand and enhance instore execution across retailer’s banner / division and store network
- Analyze Market, Category, Customer and Consumer data to develop a Category Plan designed to grow the Berry Category, increasing Household Penetration and Buy Rate.
- Influence and collaborate on Driscoll’s and the Customer’s promotional and merchandising activities with assortment optimization and the selling in of new items. Lead demand planning for assigned customers, as well as activities for specific assigned berry(s) by collaborating with Driscoll’s Go To Market teams and aligning our customer’s 52 week demand
- Be attentive and provide intel into marketplace and customer’s strategies.
- Closely monitor the sales data and insights for your key accounts and keep all stake holders informed.
- Provide effective cross-functional collaboration with your Market Development team, Sales team, Demand Management team, Channel Marketing team, Product Development Team, Product Leadership team and Customers to execute on the plan.
- Provide sales support and strategic project support as needed.
- May supervise other Customer Development Managers for the purpose of their own training and team development.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- BS/BA degree plus 2-4 years general business experience including 1-2 years in the retail grocery/produce area and/or 8+ years in direct field sales preferred.
- CMA certification preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and ability to learn new software applications.
- Requires ability and experience to successfully exchange information, negotiate, persuade, problem solve, analyze data, sell and work effectively to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Needs to have strong commercial and financial awareness, providing the basis for tracking market trends and competitor information and ultimately identifying business opportunities
- Ability to influence and make business decisions, work independently in solving issues and taking initiative
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills along with advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Must be independent and self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a remote/home office setting
- Travel up to 60% of the time required via air and ground. Must be able to perform work in a wide variety of client or industry sites including: hotel rooms, airports, warehouses, retail locations, conventions and trade shows, etc.
- Business hours are determined by meeting the needs of the customer and deadlines. i.e. adjusting to time zone differences and evening and weekend work
- Must possess math skills commensurate with the ability to read and understand statistics, budget documents and interpret market research reports.
- Requires physical ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.