Food Safety/PCQI Coordinator
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Operations
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003614
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe PCQI manages and implements food safety at the facility. Supports the cooler personnel related to the execution of Driscoll’s Food Safety Program. Manage the efforts of Independent Third-Party Companies to maintain the US GFS certifications of Driscoll’s Distribution Centers. Work closely with the national and regional Food Safety personnel to provide food safety training.
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of the audit binder with most current documents (SOPs, NOUCA, Inspection Logs, Supplier information/certificates, SDS etc.)
- Complete DSA Internal Audit for Facilities each quarter of operation.
- Utilizing iAuditor Software to complete
- Complete PGFS Pre-Audit twice a year
- Keep records of trainings.
- Keep records and minutes of Food Safety Meetings.
- Complete DSA Internal Audit for Facilities each quarter of operation.
- Oversee maintenance and updating of organic binder with the most current documents (Organic Certificate and Profile, CDFA Registration, updates to Organic System Plan including pest control management, Pack Line, etc.)
- Complete pre-inspection with Organic/FS team within two weeks of scheduled annual inspection
- If the cooler is certified for organic long cane storage, PCQI should:
- Know the entire long cane process
- Follow up with cleaning and storage of bins
- Ensure proper labeling of bins
- Ensure proper storage of organic bins etc.
- Handle completion of audits
- Internal by Driscoll’s Food Safety Department
- Third Party for Primus GFS Scheme
- Regulatory by FDA
- Organic Inspection by CCOF
- Corrective actions as needed
- Inspect and complete the Pre-Operational Inspection log every morning before any tasks begin.
- Food Contact surface cleaning verification with ATP machine
- Ensure ATP machine is properly calibrated according to manual at proper frequency
- Test QA stations at least once a week after cleaning and keep a log of the results; respond with any needed corrective actions or follow ups.
- Complete Environmental Sampling program, as recommended by the Industrial Hygiene Manager.
- Verifying that maintenance is being completed as scheduled and proper cleaning is occurring afterwards.
- Complete Hygiene Policy/GMP Training at the start of the season and periodic refreshers throughout.
- Make sure any new hires during season are given training within their first week of being employed.
- Monitor the pest control services:
- Notify of any damaged traps or notice of increased pest presence.
- Inspect traps and log any activity on weeks when pest control supplier is not scheduled to visit.
- Ensure organic integrity of services provided by having a basic knowledge of organic rules, regulations, and the OSP (Organic System Plan).
- Understand the organic pest control hierarchy within the organic facility. Make sure proper justification from pest control is provided if materials are not on the national materials list.
- Monitor and verify that facility sanitation is being completed properly.
- Review and sign off on all cleaning logs at least weekly.
- Review and sign off on all appropriate organic cleaning logs at least weekly.
- Train the sanitation crew for proper cleaning and sanitation of operation equipment:
- QA Tables
- Food Contact Surfaces
- ATP testing and verification of sanitation
- Any corrective actions as a result of “out of range” findings
- Verification and log solutions used
- Make sure that proper labels are used on any secondary containers.
- Review chemical logs and SDS at least weekly.
- Ensure that chemicals are segregated for Food Grade and Non-Food Grade while stored.
- Ensure adequate supply of chemicals are on hand at all times
- Periodically walkthrough facility to ensure that Hygiene Policy/GMPs are being followed
- Follow up with any needed corrective actions and training.
- Ensure dedicated locations for product on hold or that is organic is in the correct location with proper signage.
- Discuss during Food Safety Meetings
- Ensure visitors are informed of GMPs/Hygiene Policy before entering operational areas.
- Communicate with Facility Manager, Organic Manager, Industrial Hygiene Manager and/or local Food Safety Representative for any equipment needs or concerns.
- Position demands a flexible work schedule; to include Overtime, Weekends, On Call, Day/Mid/Night Hours Shifts, and Holidays, including other work functions within distribution for example: (Export, In-bound, Out-bound, Long Cane, Shipping Area)
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds and work in cold environment
- High school diploma or GED required. Prior experience working in a fast-paced distribution environment highly preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Effective verbal & written communications; (English/Spanish) preferred
- Thorough understanding of receiving, cooling, storage, rotation and shipping of fruit, highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and problem solve in a timely manner
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, reliable and can work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as data entry and the ability to run reports
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.