Retail Sales Representative
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003602
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Sales Department is to execute on go-to-market strategies to grow and strengthen the berry category for our Customers. Driscoll’s success in the berry industry relies on our Sales Representatives ability to work cross-functionally across Demand Management, Supply Chain, Transportation, Product Leadership Market Development and Marketing to optimize revenue and product distribution in supply exceeds, and demand exceeds markets. A strong Sales Representative at Driscoll’s has a pulse on market dynamics and can work in a fast-paced environment to execute on short-range sales plans based on Driscoll’s internal sales strategies to ensure customer service and enterprise profitability. Sales Representatives are responsible in making timely and strategic decisions and demonstrate strong communication skills to navigate conversations at multiple levels from junior staff to C-Level executives. This role will report into the Director of Retail Sales.
· Sales Representatives must work autonomously and collaboratively and are accountable to execute customer sales plans as dictated by internal customer strategies and market dynamics in the short range.
· Analyze customer purchase behavior trends and market dynamics to demonstrate forward thinking to provide strategic input to short-range sales plans.
· Takes ownership of price and volume discussion with customers based on short-range supply forecast.
· Partners with Customer Development and Omni Channel to recommend and execute promotional activity that improves retailer berry category sales and aligns with Driscoll’s distribution and revenue targets.
· Manages both national/regional customer price and volume expectations through high/ low supply periods.
· Manages operational challenges and owns the development of tactics and execution of strategies that provides a high level of customer service.
· Skilled at critical thinking and strong ability to ask probing questions that generates solutions for both customer and Driscolls.
· Accountable for Accounts Receivable and Invoice Adjustment processes that directly impact sales revenue and grower returns.
· Navigates through ambiguity with multiple stakeholders (order entry to customer receiving) to ensure smooth transaction process. Understands steps required and stakeholders needed to correct problems that may arise.
· Demonstrates strong communication skills and people-first attitude, adapting to different personalities and preferences both internally and with customer procurement teams.
· Demonstrates the ability to work with others at all levels or organization from providing guidance or information to junior talent as well as executive leadership.
· Is willing and able to manage all aspects of the transaction process from customer engagement to administrative tasks which can include order entry, transaction research, report generation, etc.
· Seasoned Sales Reps are resource to cross functional teams and other sales members, adept at customer and internal processes to help improve performance for specific accounts and at a topline sales level.
· Understands root cause and can lead a team to map out processes and solutions to solve for gaps.
· Strong advocate for the sales team and can lead/represent cross functional activities in platform improvements
· Strong ability to communicate risks associated with decisions in process changes and market conditions.
· Takes ownership of managing customer expectations when the industry is tight on supply, so Driscoll’s can execute on broader organizational objectives.
· Driscoll’s works in a highly collaborative environment. Sales Representatives work with Supply Chain, Product Leadership, Transportation, Demand Management, Market Development, Market Insights, and other departments as required to execute sales plans in alignment with Customer strategies.
· Deliver on our Annual Operating Plan by supporting the category planning process and defining mutual category goals and plans shared by the Customer and Driscoll’s, facilitate the execution of those goals in partnership with Market Development, and provide a positive return on investment for our Growers and Customers
· Partners with Market Development and Demand Management to facilitate Customer conversations to manage expectations around supply volume and price from the mid-range to short-range planning process.
· Sales Representative is engaged in helping manage and improve the sales planning process and system improvements on an as needed basis. Example: Experienced Sales Representatives will be asked to test new sales platforms and find issues that would affect the sales transaction process.
· Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large.
- Ability to use internal systems Basic DAX, iTrade and other customer order platforms
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to work through flexible work environments as the job requires: in-office, virtual, in-field, etc.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 5-10 years successful agricultural sales experience, berries preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding of grocery retail price strategies, merchandising, and supply-chain.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.