Senior Portfolio Analyst
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003578
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Senior Portfolio Analyst (Portfolio Analyst IV) leads the day-to-day operations of the Office of the CIO (OCIO), the IS unit that defines and maintains the core management functions of the Information Services Department. The Portfolio Analyst IV reports to the Director of the Office of the CIO and collaborates closely with the CIO, IS Leadership Team, IS Management, and cross-functional Business Partners. He/she will have the depth and breadth of expertise to own and drive the areas of IT Processes & Methodologies, IT Performance Measurement, IT Communications, IT Project Management Office (PMO) & Service Management Office (SMO) functions, IT Change Management, IT Vendor Management, IT Transformation & Organizational Change, IT Finance and Budget Management, and IT Strategy and Planning. He/she will work independently and develop creative solutions to complex problems, recommend best practices, juggle multiple priorities, connect the dots between operational, tactical, and strategic areas, and lead projects or teams.
- Drive the IT Processes and Methodologies function through the development and implementation of IT processes and methodologies that support the organization’s mission and IT strategy, interpreting complex processes and concepts and creating clear and effective documentation, adequately identifying and engaging impacted stakeholders, leading continuous improvement initiatives, and driving process transitioning strategies
- Drive the IT PMO function by defining/monitoring the IT project portfolio governance framework, developing/maintaining the tools, templates, and master lists that support the framework, managing/updating the IT project portfolio budget, generating reports and providing visibility to project portfolio performance and financials, managing resource planning functions including time tracking, demand planning, and capacity planning, and collaborating with IT leadership and Project Managers for gathering project and resource updates as well as feedback on process improvements
- Contribute to the IT Finance and budget function by establishing and maintaining the processes and tools for accurately tracking and managing the IT budget on both CapEx and OpEx spend, perform budget vs. actual analysis and provide insights and recommendations to key decision-makers, create ad-hoc and monthly financial reports and presentations, and partner with cross-functional Finance and Accounting teams to ensure IT alignment with global policies, quarterly and annual budget planning processes, and financial reporting needs
- Contributes to the IT Performance Measurements function by helping to develop and establish key performance metrics and dashboards for measuring the quality, effectiveness, and progress of IT services and solutions, and providing visibility to those metrics as well as analytics and insights that contribute to the continuous improvement of IT services
- Supports the IT Change Management function to the production environment by helping to define, document, and implement the IT change management strategy and processes, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly defined, workflows are well documented and understood, and that the appropriate tools and best practices are put into place to ensure minimal risk and impact to end users
- Supports the IT Vendor Management function by defining and managing a scalable IT procurement process and system for effectively tracking, managing, and controlling IT vendor contracts, invoices, and expenses, identifying approving authorities and establishing timely approval workflows and tools, and partnering with global Accounts Payable for ensuring payment processing efficiencies
- Supports the IT Communications function by developing and executing communication strategies on IT related process changes, new policies, strategic announcements, Executive updates, newsletters, etc. and partnering with Global Communications team for preparing organization-wide communications
- Supports the IT SMO function by defining/documenting, monitoring, and improving the IT support/service desk process and major incident process, tracking and reporting metrics to ensure business needs and service levels are being met, and collaborating with IT leaders and stakeholders to gather feedback and input on process improvements
- Supports the IT Audit and Compliance function by anticipating business and regulatory issues and recommending and implementing next steps to ensure compliance with global policies, providing inputs for the annual IT audit, and developing solutions to minimize compliance risks
- Manages/leads special projects or teams
- Provides training and guidance to new or junior team members
- Develops creative solutions for continuous process improvement
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years’ related experience in a corporate environment
- ITIL, PMP certification a plus
- Excellent business communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong ability to interface/communicate with all levels of management, especially leadership and present ideas and issues in a logical and articulate manner
- Self-starter with ability to manage time effectively, work independently, and deal with ambiguity
- Strong project management and planning capabilities
- Detail oriented with attention to quality
- Agility in learning, improving, and innovating
- Thought leader in process development and continuous process improvement
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience in process design and documentation.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in developing PowerPoint decks, policy and process documents, workflow diagrams, and other written works
- Strong data analysis and modeling skills with experience consolidating and transforming financial and business data from different sources into insightful reports and recommendations
- Experience with budget/expense or financial management a plus
- Experience with project management, portfolio management, and change management a plus
- Advanced user in Microsoft Excel & Macros required
- Advanced user in PowerPoint required
- Microsoft Visio a plus
- Microsoft Outlook, Teams, OneNote, and OneDrive a plus
- SharePoint a plus
- Adobe Acrobat
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.