- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Human Resources
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003567
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityUnder direction of the Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition, this position is responsible for providing a high level of full cycle recruiting services to Driscoll’s hiring managers and employees. The Technical Recruiter will deliver high quality professional, mid to senior level candidates, and will have the proven capability to recruit across multiple disciplines and functional areas of the business. As a key member of the Talent Acquisition team, you will assist in advancing the Driscoll’s brand across numerous markets and communities, while guiding hiring managers, employee interview teams, candidates and applicants. In this highly independent role, a wide degree of creativity and talent acquisition vision, business acumen, and personal organization is required. As part of your daily work, the Technical Recruiter creates sourcing strategies to attract passive candidates as well as developing and executing recruiting projects that will leverage the efficacy and effectiveness of the Talent Acquisition program. Some business travel required. AREAS OF DEDICATED RECRUITING SUPPORT: Primarily: IT (Information Services), Accounting & Finance. HR, Legal, Marketing, Production, Food Safety, & Quality, amongst others.
- Provide exceptional client service and full lifecycle recruiting within Driscoll’s for a variety of positions at all levels within the Company, including non-exempt, exempt, individual contributor, management and executive positions (as needed)
- Assist and execute on projects related to process/program enhancement that keeps the Talent Acquisition program relevant and competitive
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Driscoll’s management, HR stakeholders, vendors and other team members to create partnerships that yield success, predictable results and credibility
- Develop, maintain and continually source a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Advanced use of Social Media, Social Networking and other online recruiting resources and in-house Applicant Tracking System to identify and recruit top talent
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements and Company values fit
- Provide complete, accurate and inspiring information to candidates about the Company and position
- Prescreen candidates. Create and present prescreening questions to hiring managers for collaboration and approval
- In conjunction with HR Department, manage and coordinate all communication and logistics with candidates
- Interview all candidates selected for detailed interviewing by hiring managers and include the use of behavioral based interviewing methodologies and Company values
- Prepare candidates for interviewing with Driscoll’s and specific hiring managers and interview panelists by providing detailed information on the Company, the business strategy, department background, job descriptions and setting expectations
- Organize, lead and document post-interview feedback sessions with interview teams and candidates
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring manager interactions and other activities
- Employs effective communication methods to keep hiring managers and candidates informed about their candidacy
- Work cooperatively with all members of Human Resources to implement staffing plans
- Develop an effective pipeline of key talent available for immediate hire for critical/hard to fill positions and as succession planning needs arise
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related discipline required
- 5+ years’ experience in full lifecycle recruiting, 3 years’ experience recruiting in the Agriculture industry, and/or with a background in IT, Finance & Accounting recruitment is strongly preferred
- Strong focus on use of Social Media, including sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, employment law/screening guidelines and requirements
- Must be able to manage competing demands, while being extremely adaptable and flexible
- Project management, writing and oral communication skills required
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, highly preferred
- Ability to recruit on a national and multi-location level (future of work)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong initiative and judgment abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of applications; advanced knowledge of ATS
- High level of internet savvy and experience in mining online databases and social network is a must
- Ability to successfully work in a cross-functional team environment
- Valid driver’s license (if applicable) and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program required
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.