Strawberry Business Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Product Business Mgmt
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003559
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Strawberry Business Manager is responsible for the profit and loss (P&L) of the (product) business, representing the annual P&L for both Driscoll’s and the Enterprise (Grower and Driscoll’s) at large. The Strawberry Business Manager leads the Strawberry Go to Market team, so as to set the commercial strategy and calling on extended team members as necessary, to align supply and demand such that market value is optimized, costs are minimized, and customer and consumer experience (delight) is maximized. The Strawberry Business Manager manages the business planning process, responsible for establishing period plan targets, coordinating execution cross-functionally, and quantifying performance results and implications to Driscoll’s and the Enterprise at large. As the leader of the Strawberry Go to Market Team, the Strawberry Business Manager is responsible for identifying performance gaps, and leading corrective actions, as necessary. The Strawberry Business Manager also has strategic accountabilities, serving as a member of the core Strawberry Leadership Team, shaping long-term strategic opportunities to develop and improve the Strawberry business. The Strawberry Business Manager is also a core member of the (larger) Go to Market team integrating the Go to market Strategies and Berry Business Plans.
• Leads and coordinates the Strawberry Go to Market Team, a principle profit and loss unit within the organization responsible for the following within the rolling 52-week period:
- Managing the balance of supply and demand to optimize fruit value and align with Enterprise targets including Enterprise (Grower and Driscoll’s) P&L, Delight, and Customer Satisfaction o Meeting or exceeding annual budgeted Fruit Revenue and Margin t
- Representing category performance indicators to multiple stakeholder audiences, including performance implications
• Provides weekly channel allocation supporting customer strategy. • Accountable for performance to the berry business plan, and for meeting annual Enterprise profit and growth targets
• Sets pricing, revenue, and cost targets to optimize fruit value and Enterprise profitability
• Leads the execution of the period berry business plans throughout the rolling 52-week period, coordinating with cross-functional team members by developing the commercial landscape as well as managing significant risk and complexity
• Leads a cross-functional team using leadership principles of vision and purpose, change management, corrective actions, and performance improvement generally to develop the berry business
• Leads Berry Go to Market Team plans, taking into consideration berry business, organizational, and strategic priorities; leads decisions guided by resource availability, business objectives, and performance improvement objectives
• Identifies and leads resolution efforts related to complex enterprise-wide operational challenges and/or opportunities that have a broad impact on berry business improvement
• Develops thorough understanding of the key drivers in each regional deal including grower profitability, Driscoll’s profitability, industry pricing trends, pack size trends/transitions, product quality, preferred varieties, and competitive strengths and weaknesses. Serves as the Driscoll’s knowledge expert for each regional deal • Serves as an expert in the berry business, requiring in-depth and breadth of expertise related to Enterprise profitability, and customer, supply, and operational strategy
• Serves as a critical member of the Berry Leadership Team by understanding, quantifying, and communicating category dynamics that may impact long-term strategy; recommends strategic challenges and opportunities to Leadership
• Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
• Domestic and international travel required up to 30%.
• Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- A successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in agribusiness or related field with a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience in the areas of business management, produce sales/marketing, and/or agriculture production management.
- He/she must demonstrate ability to make competent decisions in a fast-paced environment showing initiative as both an independent and a team contributor.
- Proven ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams towards reaching common goals with broad financial and strategic implications • Ability to balance conflicting demands of customers and growers to fulfill Driscoll’s product and brand strategy.
- Ability to lead and participate in process improvement efforts in a dynamic and rapidly changing work environment. • Strong leadership skills, an adaptive and compelling communication style, and demonstrated business acumen with proficiency in business development and P&L accountability
- Ability to understand and analyze the business from many perspectives using multiple data sources internally and externally to make the best decision on behalf of the Enterprise.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-win solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.