- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003499
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Crop Cost Accountant provides mid-level accounting, financial planning, analytics and reporting to ensure the proper accounting treatment of internal farming activities and the related financial impacts. These activities include DOTA Nursery, Crop Investments and other related crop accounting. Will work collaboratively with the business and DOTA stakeholders and provide financial reporting, management data and support for planning, cost control and decision making.
- Crop Accounting - will work to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting of all internal farming support financial results, including all nurseries in process, investments with growers and in fruit production. Performs accounting and cost accounting duties of a complex nature with oversight from department leadership. Prepares journals, reconciliations and analysis of related balance sheet accounts and income statement results. Will support critical month end and annual accounting processes related to Inventory/Investment valuation. Will support the monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc compilation and distribution of accounting and management reports. Such reports will include actual vs budget, month over month flux, forecasts, etc. Will partner with Operations to report farming activities and ensure accurate accounting treatment.
- Accounting Department Support - will support financial and general accounting functions as required. Will work within accounting periods to ensure accurate month-end results. Will support Audit and Tax requests.
- Finance Department Support - will support the DOTA Finance team during month end, budget and reforecast processes.
- Business Operations Support - will support Operations by providing financial information and analysis and providing guidance on all applicable accounting topics as needed.
- Global Accounting Support - will support international and domestic subsidiaries as needed with financial information from the DOTA business unit.
- Systems Support - will be responsible maintaining shared site and publishing reports.
- Process Improvement - will work on cross-functional teams as required to improve the processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company that are applicable.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll's in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll's confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years of professional or accounting experience.
- General knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), basic accounting terminology and concepts.
- Should have strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, with experience in using these tools to implement and improve accounting processes and systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced unstructured environment.
- Must be able to utilize technologies to streamline work processes.
- Must demonstrate analytical skills as well as be able to focus attention on details when necessary.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be reliable with a strong attention to detail, have the ability to think critically, problem solve and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in month end close activities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think creatively to solve complex problems.
- Ability to skills to meet deadlines, follow through on commitments, and to keep information confidential.
- California driver's license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.