- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Administration
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003495
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Intern
About the OpportunityAgronomy Internship will be a Full Time (40h/week), 7-month internship with the opportunity to train, and learn about all berry crops, this is a hands on work in commercial experimental trials, data collecting and capture. We are looking for a person that identifies with the Driscoll’s core Values and that is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
1. Collecting data and observations on strawberry, raspberry and blackberry substrate crops
2. Regular interaction with applied research, plant physiology, pathology and entomology teams to learn crop cycles and growth measurements, and critical pests and diseases.
3. Scouts crops for disease and pest pressure.
4. Submit weather reports for assigned test plots.
5. Seasonal data analysis and final report submitted at end of internship.
6. Regularly and timely communicates with supervisor of any key actionable observations
7. Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, growers, etc.
8. Ensures the safe-keeping of Driscoll’s-owned varieties and confidential information.
9. Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
Participants will work with other Global R&D and Regional Senior Agronomists in Driscoll’s Research Testplots and Grower commercial fields, learning how to grow berry crops in substrate. The internship educational component includes attending several technical trainings and workshops and developing production research proposals. The experiential, hands-on, component of this internship includes collecting observations and records of plant nutrition and irrigation parameters, supporting the agronomy and research teams establishing research trials and demonstration plots and other responsibilities related to farming berry crops in innovative and advanced production systems
Recently graduated or soon to be graduated students from Horticulture or Plant Sciences degrees. Relevant college coursework in horticulture, botany and agronomy preferred. Internet and Microsoft Office computer experience, self-starter, independent, able to lift 40 pounds, ability to work in field conditions, ability to travel to production sites independently.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.