Continuous Improvement Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Operations
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003493
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for developing and implementing programs that will optimize operational procedures, process flow, technology, and automation across Driscoll’s Distribution Network. This person will be key in developing labor standards at Driscoll’s Distribution Centers and implementing a new warehouse labor management system across all Distribution Centers located in the U.S. and Mexico. The Continuous Improvement Manager will serve to train and guide resources in process improvement techniques. In this position, you will utilize your experience and management expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives, and affect short-term and long-term business goals by leadership of multiple projects, workstreams, and partnerships with logistics sub-functions via continuous improvement (CI) tools.
- Develop Labor Standards by functional area within multiple Distribution Centers across the U.S. and Mexico.
- Create a Pay for Performance incentive program for Distribution Center personnel based on established Labor Management System.
- This position provides direction and leadership for all logistics continuous improvement initiatives including: documenting existing processes, process flows and value stream maps, test and measure process improvements that support the business short and long term strategies.
- Leads the execution of continuous improvement culture throughout the logistics department.
- Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts and Focus Groups to design processes than enhance logistics capabilities.
- Partners with SMEs and Focus Groups to assist with the development and updates of procedures to ensure standardization among all logistics sub-functions
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with logistics sub-functions such as Distribution, Transportation, Applied Technology, etc. to accomplish business strategies.
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Developing and integrating CI training plans and fostering growth and development for Distribution team.
- Define and carry out a stakeholder impact assessment and engagement plan to evaluate the impact of process improvements and provide guidance to functional team members.
- Act as a facilitator and cross-functional coach to obtain buy-in, resolve conflict, and deliver results while challenging conventional thinking.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Industrial Engineer degree or similar and 5+ years proven work experience demonstrating a track record of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong background and experience working with Labor Management Systems – Blue Yonder/JDA preferred.
- Experience with implementing a Pay for Performance program based on labor standards by functional area.
- Lean certified including experience with 5S methodology, Six Sigma, GEMBA, Kaizen and other CI tools with proven quantifiable results.
- Ability to sustain cold storage temperatures for long periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills, including an ability to influence across job levels.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there. Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small. Fosters, embraces and gains energy from continuous improvement environment.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes. Effectively plans and executes changes.
- Collaborates: Forms strong partnerships with all levels of team members and management, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s. Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others. Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Develops Talent: Ability to accommodate different learning styles and engage the audience and learn new technologies and processes quickly.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.