Raspberry Production Specialist
- Location: US - Oxnard Production Office
- Job Family: Operations
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003488
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Raspberry (Rubus) Production Specialist is the essential liaison between Driscoll’s and their contracted Raspberry Growers. This position is tasked with communicating and resolving any issues the Raspberry Growers might have in conjunction with the Sr. Production Manager while continuously aligning the mutual goals of both parties. Specifically, the Raspberry Production Specialist’s will work with growers to solve production issues, monitor and collect information on acreage, cultural practices, forecasting, varieties, and yields. This position requires the ability to collaborate with the Sr. Production Manager to design and execute field trials in grower’s field in order to provide growers with updates on recommended production practices. Lastly, the Raspberry Production specialist must be able to independently communicate Driscoll’s goals and objectives to the Raspberry Grower base.
- Conduct Raspberry field observations, gather feedback from growers and communicate information back to the Production Management Group.
- Analyze business and field data.
- Work independently to assist growers in identifying problems and recommend solutions that may improve overall success.
- Ensures effective collaboration and communication with all other internal customers for greater efficiencies and attainment of strategic plan.
- Participate in grower meetings.
Raspberry Production Monitoring:
- Independently monitor all aspects of Raspberry production by visiting fields, talking with growers, and collecting data on variables that impact commercial production (pest pressures, soil conditions, irrigation practices, variety influences, and acreages).
- Accumulate industry and competitive information during travel, which will assist in planning, and decision-making process of the Production Group.
Assist the Raspberry Production Manager in communicating to growers:
- Driscoll’s market, research and nursery information to assist them in meeting the company’s goals and objectives of balanced supply.
- Nurtures, supports, and promotes the Company Mission to continually delight Berry Consumers through alignment with our Customers and our Berry Growers and exhibits the Company Values.
- Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc. Ensures the confidentiality of all of Driscoll’s proprietary information.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is required
- BS degree in agriculture or other horticultural science is required
- 0-3 years of experience in the field is expected
- Knowledge of Raspberry and production is preferred
- PCA license is a plus.
- Strong organizational and writing skills is critical
- Good math and analytical skills are critical
- High proficiency with Excel spreadsheets and database systems including the ability to create and work with detailed planning models is expected
- Capacity to be fair, impartial, and diplomatic is essential
- Ability to work and communicate independently and contribute to group processes is critical
- Moderate walking and bending during field evaluation processes and ability to lift 50 lbs. is to be expected
- Maintain a valid CA driver license is required
- Extended hours and flexibility with work schedules to accommodate travel, forecasting and field visits is expected
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.