Director, Human Resources Business Advisor
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Research & Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003470
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Director, Human Resources Business Advisor (HRBA) leadership role performs as a senior strategic advisor on a team of business strategists and transformation leaders to drive the most complex and critical business unit initiatives. This key, individual contributing role will tackle challenging, high velocity work. Performing diverse work as a project leader, change manager, advisor, and connector - this consultant and strategist role will apply deep HR domain fluency, agility, and excellent management skills to advise leaders, guide projects, and ensure readiness for change. They act as nimble leaders with skills in issue-based problem solving, HR leading practices, and influence at all levels within HR and across the business. Additionally, they operate effectively in ambiguous, dynamic situations and collaborate meaningfully with a wide range of stakeholders and prove to be highly skilled in leveraging HR strategies and developed programs and systems to deliver for the Business Unit and insure scalability for the future of the enterprise.
- Provides focused, business-minded HR leadership to the business and is part of its success by translating business vision and strategy into an executable people strategy
- Accountable for attracting and retaining top talent and ensuring a positive employee experience
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization and sets an example as a proactive leader who earns respect by demonstrating a sound understanding of business objectives and goals
- Exhibits influence and decision-making in the areas of leadership and management, change management, organization development and design, performance management, talent development, work force planning and employee engagement, relations and communications
- Exhibits strong management and leadership competencies and demonstrated success with cultivating and leading high performing teams.
- Coaches and influences senior leadership to drive cultural change and employee engagement
- Presents recommendations to address the people component of business issues. Identifies potential roadblocks and opportunities and provides input and solutions.
- Develops plans for implementation and communication of key HR processes including compensation, talent management, performance management, leadership development and workforce planning that add value to internal clients and ultimately the external customer
- Works effectively with colleagues across the HR organization and the business
- Operate as an advisor developing strong relationships with leaders in which you are valued for the ability to identify and understand complex business challenges and opportunities, synthesize information, facilitate decision-making, and apply core HR/human capital expertise
- Identify key performance indicators for the business unit talent and people facing initiatives
- Assess the people strategies that link to the business unit success and market competitiveness based on metrics and data
- Manage execution of complex projects/initiatives including roadmap structure, work plan development, and project management
- Leverage data and storytelling to support decision-making and enable change across the organization
- Utilize problem-solving techniques to rapidly identity problem statements and structure key activities to deliver outcomes.
- Possess or develop subject matter fluency across all areas of HR and people practices advising People leaders
- Support change management activities associated with HR programs
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, master’s degree a plus
- 10+ years’ progressive Human Resources experience; proven leadership capability
- Strong depth of experience across the spectrum of HR activities, through operational roles and an in -depth understanding of specialist disciplines within HR and their contribution to business success
- Credible HR professional who can interface with senior leaders; has successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships and being a trusted advisor at all levels
- Experience delivering results in a highly matrixed environment
- Prior integration, reorganization and change management experience
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to synthesize data to identify themes and create solutions to address those issues
- Balance of business acumen, high emotional intelligence, and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable and adept at interpreting and adhering to labor laws and regulations at the local, state and federal level
- Communicate effectively with a broad set of stakeholders and across the business unit and HR
- Proven agile leader and collaborator
- Expert use of issue-based problem solving, root cause analysis, and other similar techniques
- Executive presence and influencing skills demonstrated by an experience building robust and lasting relationships with senior human resources and business leaders
- Expert communicator and facilitator
- Experience designing and leading complex human resources initiatives
- Experience with change management design and execution
- Fluency in topics like human capital strategies that link to the business strategies
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.